xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Question About Copying Save-game Files To Usb  (Read 52 times)

OttawaModder

• Archived User
Question About Copying Save-game Files To Usb
« on: December 22, 2006, 04:10:00 PM »

Do you have to have the memory unit to copy a save gave file (not a demo/game), but a profile and/or save-game file?
  Reading the Xbox 360 support pages it says I can "copy anything (other than music) to a memory unit, connected PC, or connected USB device" from the hard drive.
  But when I connect my USB device is connects fine (I can view pictures on the device), but when I try to copy profiles off the HD it only shows my HD as the only storage device.
  So I called wonderful Xbox tech support and they told me that you can't copy ANY files off the HD to anything other than the memory unit.   You can only read from USB devices and PC's, not write to.

Anyone know anything about this that can help me?  I am selling my 360 (will get another one eventually), and want to save my NHL07 season.

OttawaModder

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2006, 12:07:00 PM »

Anyone?

Tiuk

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2006, 01:42:00 PM »

From what I understand, what MS told you is correct. Game saves and profiles and stuff can only be saved to the MS 20 GB HDD (not your own external one), or an MS 64MB memory card. I know, it sucks, considering the ridiculous cost of the hard drive add-on and memory cards.