xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: To Anyone Who Listens To Music While Playing Games.  (Read 269 times)

big nasty 187

• Archived User
To Anyone Who Listens To Music While Playing Games.
« on: November 24, 2006, 07:10:00 PM »

I didn't even know you could stream music while playing lol I use my iPod.

and the 100 song limit thing is wack

CerealKiller741

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2006, 09:04:00 PM »

Over the network there is no limit.

twistedsymphony

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2006, 11:44:00 PM »

I don't use playlists but I shuffle my entire collection which is 3000+ tracks and it's never given me any problems

Skykid

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2007, 08:46:00 PM »

I'm afraid i am going to have to revive this one, as i am still having the same problem.

The only way i noticed this was when i loaded the playlist with 380+ tracks in it, and it said that only 100 tunes will be played (or something like that).

When i go back to Dashboard and then into the Music Player, it shows that there are only 100 tunes loaded up in the player, and when i stop it and load the playlist again it comes up with 380+

Is this a fall update thing? as i don't have that. Or could it even be a Media Center thing as i don't have that either, all the music is streaming from Media Player 11, or Media Connect...one or the other anyway.

Playerjs9999

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2007, 01:40:00 PM »

I'm having the same issue it sounds like. When I load up a playlist over the network the X360 will only shuffle through a chunk of tracks at a time it seems. This sucks when you want to hear a variety and you keep getting the same artists from that part of the alphabet. I'm using an auto playlist of all of my 4 - 5 star rated music. I'm not sure how many songs are in there but its in the thousands. If anyone has information about this please share.

Skykid

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2007, 05:25:00 PM »

Sorry to revive a really really old post but i think i have more insight into this...maybe

I think the amount of music tracks you can play in your playlist is some sort of code in the game, here is how i found out.

The games i was using was Project Gotham 4, SEGA Rally, and a playlist streamed over a PC with 253 tracks on it.

Ok so i booted the game (PGR4) then loaded my playlist, quit the game by going into the Dashboard, and then went to Media blade and then Music and into the Music Player, and it stated Playing 1 or whatever out of 200, so that means that it cut 53 tracks off my list.

So there i was thinking that 200 would be the default maximum until i had a go on SEGA Rally.

I did the same procedure, boot the game, load the playlist, and then go into Dashboard and then Music player, but then it was like playing 5 out of 54. so that cut off 199 tracks.

Really strange and frustrating i can't see why they limit it, if that is the case.

Thanks,

Skykid.