xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Video Marketplace Melts Xbox Live: Call Support to get Points Back  (Read 270 times)

Lord Serebi

• Archived User
Video Marketplace Melts Xbox Live: Call Support to get Points Back
« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2006, 10:59:00 PM »

sony has bought large portions of data centers around the country (if not the world) , so if they do launch a video d/l service rest assured it won't be going straight to their servers in ..say... japan.

i get VERY fast speeds from XBL, i have 30mbps FIOS, i have not timed it yet, but I do want to know the speed/sec

Smidley

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2006, 02:09:00 AM »

QUOTE(DoTsTeR @ Nov 24 2006, 12:44 AM) View Post

Yeah right.. my dsl upload speed is about 60kb/s and as much as I have complained it has never gotten any better than that and probably never will.. my download speed it fine howver..

60kB/s upload? I only get about 40kB/s upload with Road Runner.

ade_dnb

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2006, 03:39:00 AM »

QUOTE(Smidley @ Nov 24 2006, 09:16 AM) View Post

60kB/s upload? I only get about 40kB/s upload with Road Runner.

huh... your lucky to have that... I only get 30 MAX.  

Downloading demo's from xboxlive are very slow as well.  It takes hours (well over 4) on on a 2meg line.

ThUgLoVe

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: November 24, 2006, 07:11:00 AM »

QUOTE(ade_dnb @ Nov 24 2006, 05:46 AM) View Post

huh... your lucky to have that... I only get 30 MAX.  

Downloading demo's from xboxlive are very slow as well.  It takes hours (well over 4) on on a 2meg line.

WOW i thought MP was slow for me.im on 3meg d 256u and i can download a demo anywhere from 20mins-1hr 30mins.

bcforn64

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2006, 11:30:00 PM »

QUOTE(pdottz @ Nov 24 2006, 05:12 AM) View Post

as easy as a solution as this sounds it wouldn't really work.

it'd work to some degree; but thing about this, most people will stop the upload once their movie is done downloading. there would have to always be one seeder (MS) and that's not working out to an acceptable degree right now.

then you'd have only the popular movies getting seeded, again, atleast one seeder (MS) would need to remain for other downloads.

though the idea of a bt solution is awesome, it just wouldn't work in this situation.

i'm sure MS will figure out a way to get this service rolling.

as stated above about the slow marketplace download; get 900K/sec down on my cable connection and the most i pull from the marketplace is 200-275 at an given time.

You guys aren't too clever, are you? wink.gif  Here's how you do it, by default allow all xbox 360s to seed videos but only while the xbox is not playing games. Also, offer people who seed market place points for bandwidth. That way MS saves money on servers, the user gets hooked up with points and thus is encoraged to buy even more content, and users get their movies faster.
Pages: 1 [2]