xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Video Marketplace Melts Xbox Live: Call Support to get Points Back  (Read 275 times)

appleguru

• Archived User

They'll get it worked out soon enough; especially once the instantaneous demand subsides a bit..

mike_jacko

• Archived User
Video Marketplace Melts Xbox Live: Call Support to get Points Back
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2006, 03:35:00 PM »

Well that explains why my HD movie has been downloading for 2 days and still under 40%!!

cooljerk_dv

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2006, 04:17:00 PM »

They should have intergrated a bittorrent like solution, it would solve alot of their bandwidth issues

bucko

• Recovered User
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2006, 04:36:00 PM »

Id love to see what m$ is paying for monthly bandwidth usage on this thing muhaha.gif

cooljerk_dv

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2006, 05:04:00 PM »

QUOTE(bucko @ Nov 24 2006, 12:43 AM) View Post

Id love to see what m$ is paying for monthly bandwidth usage on this thing muhaha.gif

What about many regular internet users.  Many people have bandwidth limits (say 60gig cap on downloading for example)

With 6gb downloads per movie just to be erased 24hr later, many people are going to fill their quota very quickly.

Although this could be good aswell, as ISP's will raise their limits, or get rid of them completely, as more people start to use these types of services.

dvsone

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2006, 05:05:00 PM »

MS should just refund everyone and start again. Cope the small loss, apologize, improve and move forward.

ILLusions0fGrander

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2006, 05:12:00 PM »

QUOTE(cooljerk_dv @ Nov 23 2006, 06:24 PM) View Post

They should have intergrated a bittorrent like solution, it would solve alot of their bandwidth issues

i agree.. but at the same time, you are paying to download a movie, not upload at the same time.. and then what, people sniff out how its transferring and intercept HD movies on their PC.. dont think MS would go that route.

nojok3

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2006, 06:01:00 PM »

It would have been smart for them not to send out an email to every Xbox Live member about this the day it comes out so that everyone goes to check it out. Do it when the system has been live for a week and has no problems. Of course the hardcore guys will know about it but since we are in the minority for the most part, the update would have gone smoothly.

mike_jacko

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2006, 06:15:00 PM »

Where are you people getting 24hrs? it's yours for 14 days...and it's 480 points not 30$ more like 5!

Sanitarium

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2006, 06:50:00 PM »

i'm not surprised one bit.  the marketplace lacks bandwidth big time.  i have 7mb DSL and the most i can ever get of the marketplace is about 200k/s on a good day (i've timed it).  it's pathetic.

mike_jacko

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2006, 08:20:00 PM »

It's winding down towards the end of the night and i'm only at 45% lol...this is 2 days of downloading lmao

Brizzzer

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2006, 08:43:00 PM »

QUOTE(bucko @ Nov 23 2006, 06:43 PM) View Post

What the hell you talking about?  M$ owns the internet.  lol

pdottz

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2006, 09:05:00 PM »

QUOTE(scottmuller28 @ Nov 24 2006, 04:55 AM) View Post

If it is a direct link to their servers, it will continue to be sluggish for a long time to come. They need a torrent like structure for the 360 users. Thats why torrents work so well. M$ could easily go down that road and still be secure as everything is signed. Come on M$ dont be that ignorrant, always implement things that already have proven itself.

Everyone would get all there movies and no problems for M$.

as easy as a solution as this sounds it wouldn't really work.

it'd work to some degree; but thing about this, most people will stop the upload once their movie is done downloading. there would have to always be one seeder (MS) and that's not working out to an acceptable degree right now.

then you'd have only the popular movies getting seeded, again, atleast one seeder (MS) would need to remain for other downloads.

though the idea of a bt solution is awesome, it just wouldn't work in this situation.

i'm sure MS will figure out a way to get this service rolling.

as stated above about the slow marketplace download; get 900K/sec down on my cable connection and the most i pull from the marketplace is 200-275 at an given time.

Sanitarium

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2006, 09:54:00 PM »

If they used Bit torrent then they'd have to pay licencing fees, which they hate to do.  If they used their own proprietary system, it wouldn't work worth a damn since we all know M$ can't program something that works right.

nickman

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2006, 09:56:00 PM »

QUOTE(pdottz @ Nov 24 2006, 05:12 AM) View Post

as easy as a solution as this sounds it wouldn't really work.

it'd work to some degree; but thing about this, most people will stop the upload once their movie is done downloading. there would have to always be one seeder (MS) and that's not working out to an acceptable degree right now.

then you'd have only the popular movies getting seeded, again, atleast one seeder (MS) would need to remain for other downloads.

though the idea of a bt solution is awesome, it just wouldn't work in this situation.

Why not ?
As it is today only MS is "seeding" (uploading).

Even if you only seed while you download a movie MS still saves upload.
Pages: [1] 2