xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Will T2 Extreme Edition Hd Wmv Work On The 360?...  (Read 71 times)

zombie4rave

• Archived User
Will T2 Extreme Edition Hd Wmv Work On The 360?...
« on: November 16, 2006, 06:56:00 AM »

I'll give mine a try when I get home but from what I've heard it won't.  That disc has always been a pain in the ass even on a PC.  Between the DRM and that Interactual player I gave up on it.  I got it to work once before the fall update came.  If you can get the disc to play on your PC and download the license then you can copy the WMV files off the DVD (its in 4 parts and burried deep in directories) and onto your PC's hdd.  Then you can stream them to the 360 through MCE.  I'm assuming WMP11 would work as well.  Once the license expires you'd need to get another one at the PC.  If you put the DVD straight into the 360, or copied just the WMV files to a disc, I doubt you'd be able to get the DRM license.

lord_lazlow

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2006, 01:34:00 PM »

Hi Zombie,

Thanks for your reply.  I suspected this may be the case, DRM is such a headache!  I'll let you know if I have any luck viewing them.

mrbelvedere

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2006, 06:45:00 PM »

Well, I just tried putting the disc in and no go, xbox sees it as a dvd because it was authored that way.  Now the fun part.  It will play back the files off of a dvd-r with just the hd-wmv files on it.  Of course if your stripped the DRM off of the files.  It will also stream the DRM-free wmv's from Media Center too, but either way you've got work to do. I wish it would let your browse the directory structure on the disc for files.  Also, I don't know how it would behave if you just copied the wmv's to a new disc without stripping the drm.

fiyaranx

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2006, 09:50:00 AM »

Ive got that extreme dvd although that 1 dont work i downloaded the drm stripped version and it streams perfectly. dont wanna break any rules linking to downloads tho