xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: How-To: Transcode and stream videos on Xbox 360  (Read 199 times)

blue_calx

• Archived User
How-To: Transcode and stream videos on Xbox 360
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2006, 06:30:00 PM »

QUOTE(mark403 @ Nov 8 2006, 06:51 PM) View Post

i spend a little more time over my WMV's, 3 - 4 hours and i got an exact same quality video with the original 5.1 audio in a nice WMV format.

can you please tell me how you did this??? thanks!

rasstar

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2006, 07:24:00 PM »

QUOTE(blue_calx @ Nov 9 2006, 02:37 AM) View Post

can you please tell me how you did this??? thanks!

Try the program posted it transcodes really fast. Takes me less than 10 minutes and I get the same quality. For some reason I get no audio in WMP but i get audio with VLC and the Xbox.

Caldor

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2006, 11:05:00 PM »

QUOTE(rasstar @ Nov 9 2006, 08:00 AM) View Post

This works much better and faster. No time wasting setting up options. It transcodes it with the same settings as the original and they look identical. Plus with WM encoder you cannot look at the file while it is encoding.

Actually with WME you can watch the frames, both in and out to any combination of user preference, in real time as they convert. It is only if users choose to adopt the CLI where no GUI will be presented.

Much better than WMV9-AP? Do you have PSNR or other qualitative test data to support that claim?

Same as the original? Again do you have PSNR or other qualitative test data to support that claim? I highly doubt your using a lossless quantization matrix. Do you know what that is?

CarbonR

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2006, 09:27:00 AM »

apparently the link for happy beggars site is down for he batch file. would anyone be so kind as to post a zip/rar file here for me or others. thx in advance.

feflicker

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: November 10, 2006, 12:57:00 PM »

The real reason MS$ won't allow the codecs we want is because every moron on earth is always trying to find a reason to sue MS$ because they are so huge (the potential payout is always astronomical). Plus, they have deals with movie/tv now, so I am sure they don't want to support formats that are used for piracy against those same studios (even if the codecs have plenty of other purposes--i use hacked mpg codecs, xvid, divx, etc in all my own home movies).

I don't agree with it. But I can see why they stay away from it.

Anyone that argues that WMV is better than XVID, or WMA is better than MP3, you are a moron, and you should really start learning more about codecs and a/v in general. Sure, you can say that this encoding tool is better than that one, but when it comes down to the formats themselves, no question that MS$ formats are pretty crappy in comparison...

Caldor

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: November 15, 2006, 12:41:00 AM »

QUOTE(feflicker @ Nov 11 2006, 07:04 AM) View Post

Anyone that argues that WMV is better than XVID, or WMA is better than MP3, you are a moron, and you should really start learning more about codecs and a/v in general. Sure, you can say that this encoding tool is better than that one, but when it comes down to the formats themselves, no question that MS$ formats are pretty crappy in comparison...

You are atleast correct about the legal threats MS faces.

WMV9-AP is far better than xvid, and the results of IQ testing shows I'm not a moron.  jester.gif

You are greatly mistaken. The mpeg4-asp generation of codecs like xvid and divx have been superceeded by VC-1 and AVC. WMV9-AP is Microsoft's VC-1 compliant codec implementation. By any measure of PSNR for example, it will show you how wrong you are when suggesting VC-1 class codecs wont compete with old tech like xvid.

sillyboydarryl

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: November 16, 2006, 09:27:00 PM »

5.1 ac3 file.. is basically five channels plus the subwoofer..

if you install Windows media Encoder... you'll get a codec that is called Pro (audio)....

when you do the convert.. you need to choose the professional codec.. as it encodes to 6 channels (5 plus subwoofer)

problem is.. most of the dooky programs we use.. dont support that......

very few do...

but lets just say..

I recorded my star wars HD using my HDTV pci card... and then converted it to wmvhd to watch on my 360.. and WOW...

just
W.O.W.

pig5

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: November 20, 2006, 06:56:00 PM »

QUOTE(sillyboydarryl @ Nov 17 2006, 05:34 AM) View Post

5.1 ac3 file.. is basically five channels plus the subwoofer..

if you install Windows media Encoder... you'll get a codec that is called Pro (audio)....

when you do the convert.. you need to choose the professional codec.. as it encodes to 6 channels (5 plus subwoofer)
problem is.. most of the dooky programs we use.. dont support that......
very few do...
but lets just say..
I recorded my star wars HD using my HDTV pci card... and then converted it to wmvhd to watch on my 360.. and WOW...
just
W.O.W.

a batch wmv encoder, supports 5.1 wmv

http://galaxies3000.b l o g s p o t . c o m

check it out.
Pages: 1 [2]