xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: 360 Extender for Beta Vista Requires XBL Connection?  (Read 214 times)

Caldor

• Archived User
360 Extender for Beta Vista Requires XBL Connection?
« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2006, 06:16:00 PM »

It's not overacting - last time this happened I lost the ability to stream video for two days. And the time before that, I lost it for a night. To make it worse if you then go and burn the media onto say a DVDRW you still cant view it directly on the 360 as the 360 wont play "mixed media" discs. Your only option then becomes to create a DVD formatted disc......

Within the Vista extender there is privacy settings users can set to not send info but regardless of those privacy settings logging into live is mandatory.

I pity those people on dialup or who are without internet connections. What are they supposed to do?

Grentz

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2006, 06:22:00 PM »

there are other things in vista also requiring an internet connection that wont require one when the final release is out.

I doubt they would require an XBL account for the final version...its just a percaution in the beta stages...

Martinchris23

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2006, 01:15:00 AM »

How many of you are still using Beta 2 of Vista compared to those using RC1?

Beta 2 wouldn't even work with non-US Xbox 360's !!!

Caldor

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2006, 04:41:00 PM »

Pre release candidate builds had the problem and it continues with RC1 and RC2. Build 5808 is a TAP only build and is not available to connect testers.
Pages: 1 [2]