xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Anyone Streaming Transcode 360 Over Wifi?  (Read 60 times)

RiPpN-N-TrIppN

• Archived User
Anyone Streaming Transcode 360 Over Wifi?
« on: October 12, 2006, 08:45:00 PM »

im currently runnin Vista which doesnt surport Transcode
so im using VLC360 and it works perfect
i can stream all my divx and xvid across my wirless network with 0 lag
regular content works fine as well

fatila

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2006, 07:31:00 AM »

Transcode360 can work on Vista, you just need to fiddle with it a bit (like running it as administrator and unblocking process on boot).

I wish there were tutorials out there for getting this stuff to work on the 360, so many tools like hdtvpump and configurations. I am planning to run it wireless when I can get it to recognise the pc I want, instead of one miles away!

Caldor

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2006, 05:36:00 PM »

QUOTE(fatila @ Oct 13 2006, 11:38 PM) View Post

Transcode360 can work on Vista, you just need to fiddle with it a bit (like running it as administrator and unblocking process on boot).

I wish there were tutorials out there for getting this stuff to work on the 360, so many tools like hdtvpump and configurations. I am planning to run it wireless when I can get it to recognise the pc I want, instead of one miles away!

It wont work universally on Vista because the later Vista builds have broken mpeg1/2 streaming.

VLC360 has a range of significant bugs on Vista, which I reported to the developer, and he said that Vista is unsupported on Vista.

I'm just using windows media encoder with WWMA10P and WMV8 to transcode my media. It's the best supported format for 360 streaming.