xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Xblive Media Download Videos Stutter  (Read 136 times)

muzzle79

• Archived User
Xblive Media Download Videos Stutter
« on: August 26, 2006, 11:02:00 PM »

All of the videos / trailers i download form the live marketplace seem to stutter quite a bit.

It's kinda like a dvd that has a slight scratch and it skips a small bit of data.

could it be corrupted downloads?

hignaki

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2006, 06:05:00 PM »

It could be corrupt downloads, overheating, or the funky (read: bad) changes they made to the video playback codec with the spring update.

FUCKMICROSOFT

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2006, 07:50:00 PM »

when i play the titanic vid that came with my system on the hard drive i get stutters as well.  could it be the hard drive???

3rdnfnlbst

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2006, 10:52:00 PM »

alot of the stuff i d/l stutters all the old red vs. blue stuff brothers in arms hells highway, wtc.  halo3 good, i don't understadn why that stuff stutters BADLY

gsmiley

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2006, 10:39:00 PM »

Don 't know if this will help you. I had the same problems with stutters. I decided to get rid of some files I wasn't using in my HD, deleted a good amoung of stuff. After I did that, I noticed my videos were fine after that. I guess there is a threshold on the HD that would make the video suffer a little.

dcware

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2006, 01:58:00 PM »

Yeah, I have this same problem. I'm using a PAL 360 (through VGA if that makes a difference). I think the hard drive is getting fragmented, I take it there isn't a way of defragging?

CreziB

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2006, 08:53:00 PM »

Same here.  This can't be rare.  Just about every trailer/video stutters.  I only download 720p vids.  My 420p nacho libre video diaries from marketplace play fine(they removed those diary videos for some reason, but I kept them).

dcware

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2006, 11:58:00 AM »

I have the same problem, but on EVERY video (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

I'm on PAL too, with VGA

FoxRacR17

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2006, 07:56:00 PM »

Yup same problem, i'm on VGA and most of my stuff stutters also.  I think that the only one that doesnt is the halo 3 trailer.  Most of the time its alright, and if it does stutter i'll restart it and most of the time it will fix it.  However the NFS carbon vid stutters no matter what.