xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Xbox 360 + Hdtv Movies Question  (Read 83 times)

carrico

• Archived User
Xbox 360 + Hdtv Movies Question
« on: August 16, 2006, 12:23:00 PM »

QUOTE(haris12 @ Aug 16 2006, 01:57 AM) View Post

i got a copy of Fight club HDTV 720P.TS on my pc

now my question is
with media center + xbox360 and using vlc360 or hdtvpump to transcode

will it play the .ts files and will it be pure hdtv quality

the other question is
this is my pc

amd 64 3800
1 gig of ram ( soon to be 2 gigs)
320 gig sata2
and gonna buy two 400 gig sata hardrives for the future
my video card is a 6800GS but upgrading to a 7600GT

will my pc be able to handle the transcoding ?

With HDTVPump u dont need to trnscode, the 360 will recognize and play the .TS files direct.

MaxP

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2006, 09:21:00 AM »

the multistep process is to overcome the fact that the 360 does not have codec support for many many file types.

it will not nativly play Xvid/Divx for instance, so apps like VLC and Transcode allow the host pc to convert the video on the fly into a stream the 360 will accept.

to your previous question...
Fight club (720 .TS) played directly thru the 360 will be at full 720 if your tv supports it.
(or maybe even upscaled to 1080i if thats the res you have the 360 desktop set up to).

im not sure if playing things via transcode/VLC would have any effect on the res.

mvoosten

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2006, 09:58:00 AM »

QUOTE(MaxP @ Oct 11 2006, 05:28 PM) View Post

the multistep process is to overcome the fact that the 360 does not have codec support for many many file types.

it will not nativly play Xvid/Divx for instance, so apps like VLC and Transcode allow the host pc to convert the video on the fly into a stream the 360 will accept.

to your previous question...
Fight club (720 .TS) played directly thru the 360 will be at full 720 if your tv supports it.
(or maybe even upscaled to 1080i if thats the res you have the 360 desktop set up to).

im not sure if playing things via transcode/VLC would have any effect on the res.

I understand the transcoding part.. but from the answer and rare information I could find TS files are basicly just MPG2 files I guess then where the HDTV pump filter does nothing with further?

If not, that's my point.. HDTV pump should somehow process the output to a recognizable form as just a TS file is also not recognized by default, but with the advantage of a seamless end user experience as I would like to see it.

MaxP

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2006, 01:29:00 PM »

QUOTE(mvoosten @ Oct 11 2006, 05:05 PM) View Post

I understand the transcoding part.. but from the answer and rare information I could find TS files are basicly just MPG2 files I guess then where the HDTV pump filter does nothing with further?

thats as i understand it. HDTVPump is a filter which tells your PC how to understand .TS files, hdtv dosnt actualy decode them i think.