xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: About To Give Up On Mce  (Read 169 times)

Clay_Trainor

• Archived User
About To Give Up On Mce
« on: July 25, 2006, 05:33:00 AM »

i created a separate partiition on my drive for MCE just so i could stream vids from my xbox... but i have had absolutely no luck installing it... i download the install package from xbox.com and went through standard procedure in the install... after 20 mins... it's almost done then it tries to load the media center network tuner and it just crashes with some message box with a yellow "!".    i'll get u the exact message if u need it.

the xbox can connect to my pc just fine... i can connect to xbl and have gotten media center to work a couple of times (but really poorly and not for long) .   but now it doesnt work at all.. when i try to connect the xbox just stays at the "contacting" portion of the connection process

what do i do?

Clay_Trainor

• Archived User
About To Give Up On Mce
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2006, 01:58:00 PM »

hey man, thanks alot for the informative post... i'm at work right now, i'll attempt some of your advice whe ni get off, and let u know how it goes.

Carlo210

• Archived User
About To Give Up On Mce
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2006, 01:03:00 PM »

Can't find any use for MCE. It doesn't read DIVX movies, and you can't install codecs to your 360 (as far as I'm concerned) without voiding the warranty, persay.
I mean, I'd have to convert everything from *.avi to *.mp4, which is more work than it's worth.

NemesisEnforcer

• Archived User
About To Give Up On Mce
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2006, 09:35:00 AM »

QUOTE(Carlo210 @ Jul 30 2006, 02:10 PM) View Post

Can't find any use for MCE. It doesn't read DIVX movies, and you can't install codecs to your 360 (as far as I'm concerned) without voiding the warranty, persay.
I mean, I'd have to convert everything from *.avi to *.mp4, which is more work than it's worth.

Hey there is a program that you run on your MCE PC that is call Transcode 360 it let's your 360 plays divx-xvid,it makes MCE for the 360 worth every penny the console cost me.If you want to find more about go here http://runtime360.co...e-360-download/ or check on www.xbox.com on the multimedia section.Good luck!