xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Xploder Xbox 360 Media Centre Set for Worldwide Release  (Read 270 times)

rasstar

• Archived User
Xploder Xbox 360 Media Centre Set for Worldwide Release
« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2006, 01:33:00 PM »

QUOTE(JimmyHACK @ Jun 1 2006, 08:03 PM) View Post

360 is geared to only share pics/music with xp regulars.....  and geared to share those + video only with media center edition.... its ms pushing media center features

maybe someone can make a modified version of the ms connect util to enable xp regs to share vid

Yes MS is pushing MCE but when Vista is released it will integrate with the 360. MS will never pay for a license to use Divx or any other format. I don't see any reason why they would even consider doing such a thing.

I tried the transcode and it's garbage. I am sticking with Xbox Media Center since it can play all formats.

C o s m o

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2006, 02:24:00 PM »

Wake me when someone releases a free version of a Windows Media Center, cause I'm not changing operating systems just for this.

youwhat

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2006, 03:33:00 PM »

why would anyone want to use the xbox360 to watch films on the tv? i mean you can already do it via a gfx card with VO.. and yes you can watch HD stuff to smile.gif
as for paying for it.. lol jokers! they copy ppl work & then packaged it, then sell it as there goods! o yea? aintthat what MS did. blink.gif

Heet

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: June 01, 2006, 03:59:00 PM »

Its for really stupid people.  Nothing more, nothing less.

thisempty

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: June 01, 2006, 05:49:00 PM »

QUOTE(yourM0M @ Jun 2 2006, 12:02 AM) View Post

to add to this, i dont understand why anyone with a media centre pc doesnt already have it hooked up to a plasma or at least a decent hd tv!! wth is the point of running through another device when your pc has more functionality??

cause many people have their pc's in their sleeping rooms and their LCD's, Plasmas in their living rooms with their 360's.

Mine is in the same room as my 32" Samsung LCD and 360, and i have the media center PC hooked to the LCD TV with a 7 metre VGA cable, so i couldn't care less about transcode and xbox playing my divx movies and stuff.

But for people with wireless and the 360 and their pc's in separated rooms is obvious that is awesome to be able to stream divx and all to the console

scooby_dooby

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: June 01, 2006, 07:11:00 PM »

QUOTE(C o s m o @ Jun 1 2006, 09:31 PM) View Post

Wake me when someone releases a free version of a Windows Media Center, cause I'm not changing operating systems just for this.

isohunt.com

mike96sc2

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: June 01, 2006, 08:32:00 PM »

I'm sure MS will release an update down the road at some point negating the point of this software.

I wouldn't be shocked to see some kind of $50 piece of software that would give XP Home / Pro the functionality of MCE in a severely crippled manner just for 360 owners. On the other hand Vista is right around the corner so they might choose to wait and open all flavors of Vista to 360 owners.

skarekr0

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: June 02, 2006, 12:21:00 AM »

"MS is forcing you to buy MCE"  rotfl.gif

Martinchris23

• Archived User
« Reply #23 on: June 02, 2006, 02:44:00 AM »

QUOTE(yourM0M @ Jun 2 2006, 12:02 AM) View Post

to add to this, i dont understand why anyone with a media centre pc doesnt already have it hooked up to a plasma or at least a decent hd tv!! wth is the point of running through another device when your pc has more functionality??

I know this has already been replied to (including the original post), but seriously - do you never think outside the box???

thisempty had it in a nutshell - not everyone has their PC alongside their living room TV. I have XPMC running as a separate partition on my main computer (funnily enough on an old stock Xbox HDD!), so I can dual boot to either XPMC 2005 or XP Pro. Why would I want to haul this into the living room when I  can just stream it effortlessly over the network? I'm sure as hell not going to buy a HTPC just so I can do as you've suggested. That would be STUPID.

babanoosh

• Archived User
« Reply #24 on: June 02, 2006, 01:31:00 PM »

QUOTE(Martinchris23 @ Jun 2 2006, 03:51 AM) View Post

I know this has already been replied to (including the original post), but seriously - do you never think outside the box???

thisempty had it in a nutshell - not everyone has their PC alongside their living room TV. I have XPMC running as a separate partition on my main computer (funnily enough on an old stock Xbox HDD!), so I can dual boot to either XPMC 2005 or XP Pro. Why would I want to haul this into the living room when I  can just stream it effortlessly over the network? I'm sure as hell not going to buy a HTPC just so I can do as you've suggested. That would be STUPID.

OMG!!! Chris Martin!! "In my place, in myyyyplace".... I love you Chris (smiley tongue action tongue.gif)... oh wait, I'm a hetero dude... nevermind.

guitarfrk

• Archived User
« Reply #25 on: June 03, 2006, 05:56:00 PM »

im pretty sure there was a hacked version of the media center APPLICATION that was released to work on  winxp home/pro...

so theres always that biggrin.gif

MuRRaY

• Archived User
« Reply #26 on: June 07, 2006, 10:28:00 AM »

anyway for us NON-MCE owners to play vids on 360? Hope some1 is LISTENING and coding smile.gif smile.gif

UrticateLance

• Archived User
« Reply #27 on: June 07, 2006, 12:08:00 PM »

But for real guys think about this...xbox360 came out..."bill gates" MS...."bill gates" there is a link with these's two things but i cant put my finger on it. O yeah that right...bill gates invested them both which means he goings to make an OS that will only work with the 360 to make even more money. but im with u guys FU## WMC a trillion times for every dollar bill that bill gates has made off of the OS for 360. its kinda like an Ipod were you have to use itunes to put music on the pod. OR HAVEING TO HAVE MP4 converters to play the movies!!!!!!

Its just other way to make money! mad.gif

DaShiZNiT

• Archived User
« Reply #28 on: September 27, 2006, 02:57:00 PM »

has anyone bought this yet? is it worth a look?
Pages: 1 [2]