xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Remotes And Mce 2005...  (Read 99 times)

infamous_Q

• Archived User
Remotes And Mce 2005...
« on: May 28, 2006, 06:30:00 PM »

OOOOK. So i have a series of questions for you guys, so may be slightly off topic, move this wherever it needs to be then.

first off. just loaded MCE 2005 on my pc. I have a remote...but its not a windows MCE remote. its for my LG laptop. Works fine though, except for the fact that i can't move back in a menu, start up MCE with it, or do the right click function for more info, etc. Anyone know if its possible to reprogram some of the buttons (or at least the commands windows pics them up as)? I'm currently using LG's remote controller manager for this, but it offers no way to change buttons. I know it can be done, because this remote also can control the mouse cursor in one mode, and buttons switch what they do then.

secondly...the Universal remote for 360, can it control MCE through an IR port if its NOT the external IR reciever sold with the MCE 2005 package? I know its only $30, but is it really worth it then?

Secondly...the actualy MCE remote, is it universal? ie will it be able to control my tv as well as my computer, and will this also work through an IR port that isn't the usb one they give?

Thanks for any help guys.