xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13

Author Topic: Http://www.modwhiz.com  (Read 1835 times)

mexp

• Archived User
Http://www.modwhiz.com
« Reply #30 on: June 16, 2004, 05:20:00 AM »

I ordered mine the 8th (after 3pm so they didn't get the order till the 9th) and received it yesterday, 15th.  They got it to me with in their 2-5 business day window.  I can't say their customer service is great right now but they delivered to me as promised.  They aren't trying to rip people off.  I plan to install tonight, wish me luck.

My advice to customers is to use every avenue you can (IRC, phone, email, msn messenger, forums) to contact them and eventually they will respond.  I think they are overwhelmed currently because of their email outage situation, but will resolve issues as fast as they can.

My advice to ModWhiz is to have some sort of communication readily available to the customers.  I know I wouldn't mind delays or mix-ups as much as long as I know what's going on and have some contact with the dealer.  Being able to talk with someone in customer service is comforting.  It's when you can't get a hold of someone you get frustrated and start to panic that you might not get your order.

Thanks Modwhiz for a timely delivery.

ModWhiz

• Archived User
« Reply #31 on: June 16, 2004, 10:40:00 PM »

Copy and paste of post from ozxodus.com as it is very relevant here...

Im glad we're getting everything sorted out...

If anyone has any issues your more then welcome to PM me!

Also, after this entire FIASCO, we're working on setting up a dedicated sales/shipping phone line.

This will help us avoid these issues by offering everyone a fast/easy way to contact us immediately.

It will be a great backup in case we ever have email troubles again!

Thanks,

ModWhiz.com

ModWhiz

• Archived User
« Reply #32 on: June 20, 2004, 12:02:00 AM »

Glad everything went well...

Our Sales & Shipping phone line should be up this week.

Unfortunately, support / technical related issues will have to be delt through the [email protected] email as it would be very difficult to handle over the phone.

We're also looking at a possible toll free 1-800 number, but that maybe a little later.

Regards,

ModWhiz.com

MikeP1723

• Archived User
« Reply #33 on: June 30, 2004, 07:52:00 PM »

sad.gif
I have to say that as of right now I am pretty dissapointed with ModWhiz. I ordered an Xenium with the Official no solder adapter on Friday at around 12:00pm EST, and I have yet to recieve my chip. The delay would be no problem, but I did pay $15.00 for overnight shipping and the website led me to believe that at the latest it would be shipped Monday before 2:00pm EST; not to mention it is pretty hard to get ahold of these guys. After two pm's and about three emails I finally got a fedex tracking number from the [email protected] address, but the number is invalid, (or the package has not been shipped).
I've read many good reviews about modwhiz, so I hope everything will be sorted out. I would however like to get a clear explanation about the delays, and reimbersment for the shipping charges.
sad.gif

golightning

• Archived User
« Reply #34 on: July 03, 2004, 06:56:00 PM »

If you have a question please refer to the order ID listed below.

Order ID:     4857871
Date:         Wednesday, June 23, 2004. 5:43:05 PM.

dry.gif

UPDATE: JULY 6th -

I was able to catch up to ModWhiz on the IRC channel #ozXodus ... it seems that he has been buried under a pile of work.
no matter the reason, I am more satisfied than I was previously. He gave me the tracking # I was so anxious to get. I realize that he's not a machine, but next time I will be more careful to order at a slower time of the year  jester.gif

prophet74

• Archived User
« Reply #35 on: July 05, 2004, 02:11:00 PM »

I'm having the same experience as you two.  Ordered on June 30th.  Got my order number but no chip.  I had to cancel my order at Divineo.com and through the posts on this thread I re-ordered from Modwhiz.  They had overall good reviews up week until the past or so.  What is going on over there?  

All I want is my chip and no one seems to want me to have one.  My money IS good you know.

I'll reply with any further progress (if any is seen).

prophet

crankypunk

• Archived User
« Reply #36 on: July 06, 2004, 03:26:00 PM »

everything back into place sorry for the trouble...

joelw23

• Archived User
« Reply #37 on: July 07, 2004, 03:50:00 AM »

Order # 4847642

I ordered on June 22nd and I still have no chip and no tracking #.....

AmO

• Archived User
« Reply #38 on: July 07, 2004, 03:07:00 PM »

QUOTE ("ModWhiz @ The OzXodus Forum posted Thu Jul 08 2004 6:48 am GMT +10")
Eevry single order is out... as of yesterday night/this morning.

Now i got the great joy of getting the email backlog wiped out... ill be on IRC/MSN all night if anyone needs to reach me... 

Thanks again guys!

ModWhiz.com

Hope this helps clear some things up!

AmO

newmodder

• Archived User
« Reply #39 on: July 07, 2004, 05:07:00 PM »

[email protected]I pre-ordered an ICE, got the order#, e-mailed them 3 times and still no response with a tracking #.  It's gettin on my nerves..i ordered mine on june 25 it is now july 7......modwhiz, plese answere atleast one of my e-mails....thank-you.....order#4871948.

joelw23

• Archived User
« Reply #40 on: July 08, 2004, 03:30:00 AM »

How do I cancel an order if I can't get a reply from the seller??????  Is there any seller that has the xenium ice in stock?????  Mine has been on order since June 22nd.....

ModWhiz

• Archived User
« Reply #41 on: July 08, 2004, 05:26:00 PM »

Hey guys,

Unfortunately it was the first time we ever did a pre-order sale and we have learned valuable lessons from it!

ORGANIZE, ORGANIZE AND DONT RUSH!!!!

LOL

Well anyways, almost all the packages are gone, except for a few that were misplaced during the shipping process which went out today.

All our emails are being answered as I type this but myself & the second modwhiz employee so we should be up to date shortly.

I apologize again for the delays, everything should already be back into place or will be very very shortly.

As for the shipping, please do understand we got our ICE chips with solderless last Wedsnday (June 30th) and started shipping the same day. The ICE chips alone came in on Friday, so those orders went out either Friday or Monday.

Also, please factor in the Canadian (July 1st) & US hollidays (July 4th) and this pretty much set back Canadian orders by 1 day and all US orders by 2 days.

So considering we were on schedule as per our site (Week of June 28th) we did do our best to get them to everyone as fast as possible, which did backfire a little on us on a small amount of orders.

If anyone has not been taken care of, most have, please either email [email protected] , or on irc in #modwhiz or #ozxodus PM "ModWhiz" or alternatively MSN via [email protected]

Again we apologize and thank you for your patience,

ModWhiz.com Staff!

PS: The phone sales/shipping info line we promised should be open Monday!!!!

ModWhiz

• Archived User
« Reply #42 on: July 08, 2004, 05:32:00 PM »

The false advertising claim above, obviously shows that  "sha" either does not know how to calculate at a grade 3 level or is simply a competitor tring to create problems.

25 pieces of Xenium Solderless retail at $59.95 each.

$59.95 * 25 = $1498.75

$1498.75 - 250.00(discount) = $1248.75

Wait a second!!!! What does our site say?

Yes, thats right $1248.75

Right, false advertising at is best... NOT.

Regards,

ModWhiz.com

M@dVinnie

• Archived User
« Reply #43 on: July 09, 2004, 12:49:00 AM »

I've received my 2 ICE's I've ordered from ModWhiz.

I've been having some problems in the beginning. Especially via email. However, I have to say that once I contated ModWhiz via IRC, all was straitend out. I changed my order from 1 normal solderless Xenium to 2 ICE solderless. He shipped them the 6th. Talked to ModWhiz on IRC the 7th and received my tracking number. the 8th, I received my package. Keep in mind, that I live in Europe, and shipping usually takes up to 5-8 days.

I'm very pleased with the way ModWhiz handled my order, but I do have to say that reaching him on IRC goes way faster then trying via email. ModWhiz allways hangs out in #OzXodus or in #ModWhiz on EFNet. Try it.

The next orders I place will also be with ModWhiz, count on that.

Greetz Vincent.

sha

• Archived User
« Reply #44 on: July 09, 2004, 05:54:00 PM »

http://www.modwhiz.com/xenium_ice.php

I did not want solderless?  I wanted ICE Combo.

Check it for yourself, change it please.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13