xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Record Tv On 360?  (Read 66 times)

thax

• Archived User
Record Tv On 360?
« on: January 26, 2006, 05:02:00 PM »

You need to use Windows Media Center Edition on a PC, then the program can be played indirectly through the xbox. The x360 itself has no video input or recording capability at the moment.

The Evil Snowball

• Archived User
Record Tv On 360?
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2006, 07:23:00 PM »

Are you saying that I can watch TV through the 360? uhh.gif How could I run the program through the 360? With a crossover cable? Then how would I access the program? I'm sorry, too many questions. I am just rather confused on how exactly I would pull this off.

Harry Paratestes

• Archived User
Record Tv On 360?
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2006, 08:25:00 PM »

You don't actualy record the incoming signal to your XBOX360. It simply streams Media Center as an Extender. To do this you need:

1 Windows MCE2005 SP2 rollup2
2 Router, Hub, or at least a Crossover Cable
3 Balls of steel.......................(You never know) tongue.gif

Actualy the process is quite simple IF YOU HAVE WINDOWS MCE If you don't have it GET IT
You would simply plug your crossover cable into a correctly configured Media Center Edition PC then follow the onscreen instructions in the "Media Center Extender" setup on your XBOX360.  If you have your  windows MCE PC updated per the instructions given to you when attempting to configure the Media Center Extender function of your XBOX360 you are good to go. The whole process should run smoothly. I had it configured by 1:00 am on release date. I was #13 in line and had it purchased by 12:20 am. It was one of the first things I did with my new XBOX360 happy.gif