xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Stream DivX movies to your Xbox 360 using MediaCenter  (Read 667 times)

tommiwan

• Archived User
Stream DivX movies to your Xbox 360 using MediaCenter
« Reply #45 on: January 25, 2006, 07:30:00 AM »

Thanks for the info, I must have missed it.  A lot of people have said a lot of things on here.  

Anyway, I will try the DVD shrink thing soon.  but if you have the movie in a playable (streamable to 360) format why do you need to go to wmv?  (smaller file size?)

oswald

• Archived User
« Reply #46 on: January 25, 2006, 05:43:00 PM »

you could use this app to covert mpg to wmv as well... thats how i'm using it.

Darvan

• Archived User
« Reply #47 on: January 27, 2006, 01:49:00 PM »

Hi,

First off I wanted to say thanks for making this setup work I love streaming my anime on the 360, I did have a question through that myself nor a friend can slove. It's concerning subtitles on the anime's. If the anime that am watching has two lines of sentence the second one is cut off while streaming on the TV. Is it at all possible to change something so I can see that second line of text thanks

role2682

• Archived User
« Reply #48 on: January 27, 2006, 02:31:00 PM »

I can't seem to get this to work.(steaming divx/xvid to 360). I've installed everything(from links on instruction page), i can play the video in media encoder with no problem. when I try to play from 360 it reads video error. My log file say One or more codecs required to open this content could not be found. Here is my log file :

EncodeItems
had to kick out of waiting for video duration
1/23/2006 11:11:45 PM
EncodeItems
had to kick out of waiting for file resolution
1/23/2006 11:11:46 PM
INFO GetProfile
ProfileUsed = DVD_Quality_Video
1/23/2006 11:11:46 PM
INFO EncodeItems
OutputMode = StreamOnly
1/23/2006 11:11:55 PM
EncodeItems : catch
System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0xC00D1B83): One or more codecs
required to open this content could not be found.
   at WMEncoderLib.WMEncoderClass.PrepareToEncode(Boolean bPrepare)
   at mceDivX360.MediaEncoderListMaker.EncodeItems(Int32 depth, ArrayList
alListMakerItems)

Sidewinder007z

• Archived User
« Reply #49 on: January 29, 2006, 10:35:00 PM »

Hey folks,

Hopefully someone can answer me a question  biggrin.gif

I finally got this working to a point.

I can begin the conversion process and watch the streaming output on the 360.
But I am not getting any audio. What could be causing this?

I can hear the audio when I run the file on the host PC via MediPlayer.

Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks

PS Nevermind....amazing what happens when you disconnect the audio output from the 360 smile.gif

kcchesnut

• Archived User
« Reply #50 on: January 30, 2006, 09:25:00 AM »

has anybody figured out the codecs that will work with MediaEncoder for MP4 files (x264 video and AAC audio).

that's been a common request i've been getting emailed for.

zider

• Archived User
« Reply #51 on: February 03, 2006, 01:35:00 PM »

Help!!!!  I was able to get this hack working on my setup, however it only seems to work with Divx encoded files.  Whenever I try to stream an XVID file, I a window pops up 10 seconds later saying that the stream proccessing has been completed.  I thought it might be my codec, so I reinstalled with no luck.  I found some info releated to permissions that I thought might help, but that didn't seem to help either.  Any thoughts on why this might be happening?

kcchesnut

• Archived User
« Reply #52 on: February 03, 2006, 11:36:00 PM »

check the debug file. if it says 'access is denied', then its permissions. but chances are that since DivX works and XviD doesn't then its a codec. use GSpot to see if which codec is being used

check the debug file. if it says 'access is denied', then its permissions. but chances are that since DivX works and XviD doesn't then its a codec. use GSpot to see if which codec is being used

AshTemple

• Archived User
« Reply #53 on: February 04, 2006, 04:44:00 PM »

Ive had a problem streaming movies through brainsNBraun fantastic program. I have had it working but have installed something (not sure what) and now I cant get it to work again.

Ive PM brainsNbraun and hes been fantastic but after his advice we found the problem being that port 8080 is being used by something else:

INFO EncodeItems
OutputMode = StreamOnly
31/01/2006 17:20:06
EncodeItems : catch
System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0xC00D0028): An attempt to acquire a network resource failed.
   at WMEncoderLib.WMEncoderClass.PrepareToEncode(Boolean bPrepare)
   at mceDivX360.MediaEncoderListMaker.EncodeItems(Int32 depth, ArrayList alListMakerItems)

Ive used the old method of opening WME and streaming directly from there using a different availible free port (4623) and that works perfectly.

So my question is this, how can i either make brainsNbrauns app brodcast through a different port, or how can i find whats using the 8080 port and disable it or change that apps port usage??

Any help would be fantastic as im totally stumped, and gutted that the xbox doesnt play divx out the box

if you care, my thoughts on why MS have limited the divx play back is purely financial... Either, when the ps3 comes out, they want to make a big deal out of it, in the hope it will take some steam out of the hype from playstation, or when vista comes out, you can only stream using vista meda center, forcing you to shell out and purchace it.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]