xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Backup Dvd's  (Read 88 times)

swanlee

• Archived User
Backup Dvd's
« on: December 30, 2005, 03:21:00 PM »

MY 360 does not play DVD-R's either, no movies or self created DVD's work on my 360 in DVD-R form. Even DVD-R's from different people burned with different software. These same DVD's work grate in 5 different DVd players so it;s not the media or the way it was burned.

I think the DVD drive in the 360 is pretty cheap and way to picky about media.

Zero_Cool

• Archived User
Backup Dvd's
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2005, 05:08:00 PM »

I'm usin Hp DVD-R's and Fujifilm DVD-R's burned with a Sony burner, using DVD Shrink and Nero and they work great, so maybe its just bad luck?

xxwillisxx

• Archived User
Backup Dvd's
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2005, 06:35:00 PM »

QUOTE(Zero_Cool @ Dec 30 2005, 07:15 PM) View Post

I'm usin Hp DVD-R's and Fujifilm DVD-R's burned with a Sony burner, using DVD Shrink and Nero and they work great, so maybe its just bad luck?

same here with dvd+r

Joergen

• Archived User
Backup Dvd's
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2005, 12:08:00 PM »

Generic riek 2x dvd-r, ritek 4x dvd-r, verbatim 4x and 8x dvd-r and verbatim 4x dvd+rw tested and working flawlessly for DVD-Video playback.

Perhaps your discs are burnt wrong, ie try a disc that has been burnt in Nero using the DVD Video template so its an UDF/ISO session that has been closed aswell. Most of my movies are like that and they work great in all players and consoles.

faiysal

• Archived User
Backup Dvd's
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2005, 03:40:00 PM »

QUOTE(Joergen @ Dec 31 2005, 07:15 PM) View Post

Generic riek 2x dvd-r, ritek 4x dvd-r, verbatim 4x and 8x dvd-r and verbatim 4x dvd+rw tested and working flawlessly for DVD-Video playback.

Perhaps your discs are burnt wrong, ie try a disc that has been burnt in Nero using the DVD Video template so its an UDF/ISO session that has been closed aswell. Most of my movies are like that and they work great in all players and consoles.

Hmmm, so when I click on New, I select UDF/ISO and then add the .VOB files to the DVD (and then click burn obviously)?