xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6

Author Topic: Http://www.xbox-wired.com  (Read 2369 times)

D-Lane

• Archived User
Http://www.xbox-wired.com
« on: January 19, 2004, 11:14:00 PM »

Mod Chip Buyers:
Xbox-Wired is without any doubt THE place to get your modchip.  I sent an email inquiring about the Xenium around 11:30 pm EST and to my surprise I received a reply within two hours.  That's 1 o'clock in the morning!  I then spoke with the main guy, Mike, on the phone and he quickly assured me that no matter which option for installing the chip, I *should* be able to do it, but if I *wasn't* then I could send my xbox in and they'd take care of the rest for a small price.  He sent me an mpeg movie of him installing a solderless Chameleon in under 15 seconds to assure me that *anyone* can do it.  So, I hung up and logged into the website to make a purchase.  Quick, easy, intuitive interface for shopping.  My only complaint about the entire process is their lack of a "real" SSL Certificate.  I was very glad to see that my data was being encrypted during the order, but the Certificate was not authored by one of my trusted providers (Verisign, etc).  However, I placed my order.  As it was a pre-order, I was a bit concerned about the actual retail price of the chip, but that's the price you must pay to be the first to have the latest and greatest.  I received an email earlier tonight letting me know that the product has shipped, my card has been charged, and giving me the tracking number.   My only complaint here is that no exact amount was totaled in my invoice as to how much *actually* was charged.  This is important and I feel needs to be worked out.   It is a bit unsettling to not know exactly how much was charged to my card and that I must wait for the monthly statement.  Regardless, this was a much smoother transaction than I had imagined.

Highlights:
-Nearly immediate response to email / phone
-Tech Support / Customer Service are EXCELLENT
-SSL Protected site, your CC and info won't be snooped
-Easy checkout, nice web interface, prompt emailing / updating of order status
-UPS tracking number included in email

Complaints:
-SSL Certificate is "untrusted"
-No update on CC exact charge
-Not listed on resellerratings.com

ArmyofONE

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2004, 11:07:00 AM »

bring on the xenium customers.

EmperorPsiblade

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2004, 11:51:00 AM »

happy.gif
I even told my friend to get a Xenium from u guys....
this site earns the "n00b seal of approval!"  laugh.gif

|GateKeeper|

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2004, 07:38:00 PM »

D link   --->    xbox-wired Customer
"Complaints:
-SSL Certificate is "untrusted"                                      Fixed
-No update on CC exact charge                                    Working On it
-Not listed on resellerratings.com "                              Fixed

Thx for letting Us know about are Problem so we can fix it and make better website and store for you guys.

ALso like to thx all you for posting your feed back. realy means a lot to me and help me do better work and go the extra miles for all of you ...  

Michael M

elmufador

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2004, 10:15:00 AM »

tongue.gif ).

Since the xbox-wired hosts seem to be checking this forum quite regularly: any chance that you'll be using other (cheaper) methods of shipment in the not-too-distant future?

djfelix

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2004, 01:30:00 PM »

These guys have helped me out tremendously!  I killed a MB in a friend's XBox and needed a replacement.  I spoke with these guys on the phone, and they had a replacement MB and HDD in my hands the NEXT DAY!!!!  The board worked perfectly, and I was able to repair my friend's XBox.  Thanks!!!!

That was a few months ago ....

Yesterday I ordered a Xenium - 3-day shipping.  It arrived today!  Outstanding!

Keep up the good work guys!

PyronX

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2004, 05:25:00 PM »

laugh.gif

pir8penguin

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2004, 06:50:00 AM »

I really only have one complaint: I had to use Internet Exploder to order (I hate IE). My only other options were Opera (SHOULD have worked in opera) and Firebird (I didn't expect it to work for Firebird). I never use Nutscrape, but I'd imagine it works ok there, or with Mozilla.

The guys are pretty quick, and aside from SSL (not too strong) I was ok with the security. I also like for shops to take their own pictures of products, including packagine and ENTIRE contents...I've yet to see a "package contents" pic or list for the Xenium.

Fawk3s

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2004, 05:26:00 PM »

smile.gif

Fawk3s

Puckster069

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2004, 09:03:00 PM »

I've been waiting until my chip came in to post a review.. but then figured hell why should I make xboxwired wait because I was too cheap to order anything faster then ground... (UPS ground... ugggg)  Let me say, these guys are top notch. A+ service... they have always responded to my emails in a timely fashion, my chip was shipped the day they got them in.  I will definatley do business with them again if the need arises.  Top notch work guys, I'm sure if the chip has any problems I can count on you guys to work with me on the issue.  Thanks!

|GateKeeper|

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2004, 02:47:00 PM »

biggrin.gif

ravage73

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2004, 12:16:00 PM »

order #557. i will do buisness with these guys again!!! only took 6 days from ordering online, to recieving. thanks!!!

lip

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2004, 07:19:00 PM »

GATEKEEPER:

No probs on the english...

Your service is really good.  I think your main problem will be making sure you can keep up with all the new business that you are creating by making a good name for yourself!

Thanks again,

LIP

dinkoh

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2004, 04:47:00 PM »

dry.gif

dkikuchi

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2004, 07:32:00 PM »

Placed an order (#644) on 1/24 with 2 day shipping for an (as then shown) Xenium and just got a response about it being shipped today.. 1/29... Not all that happy right now... hopefully it will get better (Note: I sent them a PayPal payment via a different email address than I provided which may have had something to do with itl but its no excuse since I sent them an email the same day informing them as such)

Will update if they prove themselves via product etc. to be better than experience has been so far.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6