xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Music Idea  (Read 75 times)

Zero_Cool

• Archived User
Music Idea
« on: December 25, 2005, 04:36:00 PM »

hey there, i just got my 360, merry christmas to me right! anyways, i was thinkin about playin music on it etc, and didnt feel like dumping my music onto a thumb drive to play it, i dont have an Ipod, or any mp3 player for that matter, sadly my 360 isnt on my home network right now, no wireless adapter, but all this got me thinking, would it be at all possible to connect a usb a to a cable between my laptop and my desktop, and after some sort of drivers/software be able to play the music off my laptop hard drive? I mean from everything ive read you can browse a thumb drive like a standard file system, why not, with the proper drivers, couldnt you do that on a computer? I dont know just ideas, whats your thoughts?

Tobb555

• Archived User
Music Idea
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2005, 04:48:00 PM »

you know i was thinking this samething. And since id ont have a double sided USB cable i cant try it and i dont feel like making so so all i can say is give it a try if it works then great, if not then it doesnt. I cant really see it working because the xbox will only see FAT32 drives so if your laptop is formated in NTSC it wont work. At least not that i know of.

Zero_Cool

• Archived User
Music Idea
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2005, 05:44:00 PM »

ah, very true, i did not think of that, well that kinda hurts that idea lol, unless your drivers could make it think different  and somehow present the data differently