xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Anybody Get The Logitech Harmony 360 Remote?  (Read 212 times)

whackjester

• Archived User
Anybody Get The Logitech Harmony 360 Remote?
« on: December 12, 2005, 11:18:00 AM »

I can't say how well the remote works yet since I haven't opened up the package.  But I can tell you that the rebate information is included on a sticker affixed to the package of the remote.

mterlouw

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2005, 11:58:00 AM »

Great, thanks whackjester.  Does the rebate say the 360 and the remote have to be on the same receipt? I was wondering if I could buy the remote now, but I got the console on launch day.

willblueprint

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2005, 12:58:00 PM »

You don't need anything form the 360 for the rebate.

I have the rmote, by slow they mean like about half a secon to a secod response time. I gurantee you it ewill not be a big hassle. What i like about the remote, even if you have someof your products on it will still change to the correct vid and audio inputs, very few remotes that cheap will do that.

mterlouw

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2005, 02:47:00 PM »

Thanks, willblueprint. Are you saying that if I pressed 1, 0 to go to channel 10, that after I press the first number it will take a second for the remote to send it, and likewise for the second number? Or are you saying that navigating the LCD menu takes 1/2 to 1 second to show a submenu, or to fire off a macro to your A/V equipment?

jherre6

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2005, 02:50:00 PM »

Is everything that slow? Like changing channels on the television? Or are xbox commands just that laggy..  

Can anyone else confirm this?? And is there some kinda firmware update?
thanks

jherre6

L_E_O

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2005, 10:30:00 AM »

I think willblueprints's assessment is dead-on. I got this remote to help the technically challenged folks in my house watch TV with my home theater rig without screwing it up. The remote has a SLIGHT delay, but like he said, by the time you look at the tv, it's done. You do lose some of the intuitive control you have with product specific remotes, but I think thats clearly outweighed by combining 6 remotes into one. It's also highly customizeable (although the software is a bit slow as well). One remote to rule them all!

Does anyone know where I can get the rebate online? I don't think mine came with one on the package.

dopelogic

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2005, 10:52:00 AM »

Can it be programmed to use Tivo?

swbball28

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2005, 01:20:00 PM »

QUOTE(dopelogic @ Dec 13 2005, 06:59 PM) View Post

Can it be programmed to use Tivo?

im wondering the same thing

cmb2g

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2005, 07:40:00 PM »

ive got the non-360 specific model, the 520. just doesnt have the X,Y,A,B buttons. And it will work w TiVO, just not as good as say the 688. i like the price for the 520 at 99.00. even says under activities" Play Xbox 360. good remote, but the delay can be adjusted...havent tried it yet though.

swbball28

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2005, 07:54:00 PM »

cmb2g: why do you say that the 688 will work better for tivo?

also will the 360 switch your TV/HDTV between aspect ratios depending on source?

swbball28

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2005, 08:05:00 AM »

also what button are you guys using on the 260 remote as the Tivo man button which is at the top of the tivo remote to get to the main tivo menu?

cmb2g

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2005, 08:40:00 PM »

swbball28: the 688 has more "hard" buttons for controling PRV specfic functions...the 520/360 remote will have alot of these device specific commands (ie guide and info) on the lcd. it works but i have MCE2005 and the basic navigation works ok however i had to tweak the lcd soft buttons for the more common PVR commands. the strong point on all the harmony remotes is the web interface, once u learn to work with it . so overall the 360 has dedicated buttons for the 360 the 688 has more dedicated buttons for PRV/TiVO and the 520 has a little bit of both. the decision for me was price and making sure i like the brand.
no matter which one u get the all will pwr on the tv, reciever, 360, set up the inputs and give u 360 commands on the lcd display-w one button press.

Rustmonkey

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2005, 12:29:00 AM »

Just picked up the Harmony 360 today.  LOVE IT - setup was kind of a pain at first, but other than that, it all runs smooth now smile.gif  Oh, and my wifey works at BestBuy so I picked it up for $88.73 - plus i can still send in the rebate smile.gif

Anyways, it works like a dream.  Now everyone won't be confused by my setup - just pick up the remote, select an option, and away you go.  Only thing left for me to pick up is a remote controlled system selector - looking at the Pelican Pro 2.0 (w/ LCD and remote).  Anyone know if it has optical inputs along with the component ones?  If so, this will deffinately be the next thing I pick up as its priced at $99.00 whereas every other remote controlled selector I've found is at least $150 and on up... but only if this supports optical as well... anyone know?

Thanks!

mterlouw

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2005, 08:55:00 AM »

Turns out the lagginess is by design, but can be controlled. More info in this thread.

endz

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2005, 12:46:00 PM »

Just got this remote...  It's good.  Responsiveness is good, the lag is not really noticeable on mine.  Definitely shorter than the lag described in earlier posts.  I didnt even have to change interkey or interdevice delay.

The Activity macros work really well and fast, I thought I would hate the macros but they work awesome... Its really convenient since I was juggling a receiver remote, digital cable box, tv remote and xbox360 remote.

If you screw up the Activity macro by not pointing the remote at the devices you just press Help and it has a quick wizard to turn things on or change inputs.

And if you really hate macros just push the Devices button and the remote dedicates all its functions for your tv, receiver, or xbox360.  It also has an IR port on the bottom for learning commands.

Build quality is also great.  Rubberized underside, buttons have different textures and shapes, and none of them have the mushy vague feeling.