xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Playlist Creation  (Read 143 times)

itzkid

• Archived User
Playlist Creation
« on: December 08, 2005, 06:47:00 PM »

you can create a playlist in wmp and your xbox 360 can read that, i create mine in winamp and that works fine.

cmb2g

• Archived User
Playlist Creation
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2005, 07:45:00 PM »

Ok tried to set up a new playlist in Windows Media Player. created one from tracks on my MCE PC...went to the 360 to stream, select playlist and BAM!...nothing.

Any ideas...

djthrobbyrob

• Archived User
Playlist Creation
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2005, 08:48:00 PM »

Your playlists and songs have to be in folders that media connect is allowing xbox360 to access.  When I did my first playlist the list would show up minus any songs that were not in shared folders.

Sir Auros

• Archived User
Playlist Creation
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2005, 07:39:00 PM »

Here's a weird Winamp playlist question: If I create a playlist with an internet radio station playing, would I be able to stream that through my 360? I'd try it myself rather than ask a dumbass question like this, but I haven't had my damn system for over a week now since DHL is the worst shipping service ever.

cmb2g

• Archived User
Playlist Creation
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2005, 02:29:00 PM »

Man am I getting burned on this media connect situation...today the 360 wouldnt communicate w my MCE2005. so after re-installing and getting my music back to streaming. Media extender works great but......my playlist are lost again.  HELP  ME OUT.  sad.gif  sad.gif  sad.gif
Ive got 2 PC's one MCE machine that has the media connect running. one XP (which i cant get the software to load for the life of me).i have set up shares on this pc for music and pictures. But could anyone let me know what file extension for playlist will work??? ive tried saving a playlist in WMP (.wpl) and in Musicmatch(.m3u) placing it in my shared folder w the rest of my mp3's....360 menu shows no saved playlist.....UUUUUURRRRGGG!

Any help w this would be greatly appreciated mad.gif

Sorry about the post...had to go into media connect to "reshare" the playlist folder...

NizZ8

• Archived User
Playlist Creation
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2006, 09:56:00 PM »

QUOTE(Sir Auros @ Dec 13 2005, 03:46 AM) View Post

Here's a weird Winamp playlist question: If I create a playlist with an internet radio station playing, would I be able to stream that through my 360? I'd try it myself rather than ask a dumbass question like this, but I haven't had my damn system for over a week now since DHL is the worst shipping service ever.

I gave this a run and it doesn't look like it's going to work.  The playlist won't show up on the 360.  If you use Media Center Extender it works fine tho.  Hopefully someone can find a work-around for this smile.gif

tommiwan

• Archived User
Playlist Creation
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2006, 08:02:00 AM »

QUOTE(cmb2g @ Dec 8 2005, 07:57 PM) View Post

Thanks alot, i figured that is gonna b the easiest....what file extension are playlist in? .pls

and do u know if different apps create different file extensions...ie i use musicmatch.

I had tried using my existing winamp m3u playlists but they did not work on my 360.  I have one of like 1200 songs, but it only pulled over the first 13 or so.

I moved to windows media player and created playlists.  they have a wpl extension.  They work great, and I have been using them ever since.