xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Using Xbox360 To Record Tv Programs  (Read 253 times)

Beelzabub

• Archived User
Using Xbox360 To Record Tv Programs
« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2005, 09:44:00 AM »

QUOTE(timj010 @ Dec 3 2005, 12:36 PM) View Post

Please give me an acurate anwser on this question. Is there a possibility to use the xbox360 to record tv programs onto it's HD. Can you maybe put an external tv tuner into it's usb port and then have somekind of program able to record it. Maybe something similar like the myth tv I know there aren't any homebrew aplications available at this time but doesn't the xbox360's MCE have native support?

Thx a lot.

My setup consist of a DVICO Fusion HDTV 5 card and a Hauppauge 150MCE card and they both work great in media center I'm able to pause/record/watch live tv on the 360 with no problems at all and that includes watching HDTV and recording it... like many people stated 360 and MCE work very well as long as you have the right stuff on your pc.

jeeb75

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2005, 09:34:00 PM »

QUOTE(Beelzabub @ Dec 5 2005, 05:51 PM) *

My setup consist of a DVICO Fusion HDTV 5 card and a Hauppauge 150MCE card and they both work great in media center I'm able to pause/record/watch live tv on the 360 with no problems at all and that includes watching HDTV and recording it... like many people stated 360 and MCE work very well as long as you have the right stuff on your pc.

I have the same setup with the DVICO Fusion HDTV Lite and Hauppauge 150MCE.  I dont have the xbox360 yet but i am glad to hear you can watch HDTV on the 360.  I was wondering if you are able to play divx files from the 360 because I am able to watch them in MCE 2005 on my PC using the K-Lite mega codec pack.

jfoster

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2005, 09:40:00 AM »

QUOTE(Beelzabub @ Dec 5 2005, 11:51 AM) View Post

I thought that XP MCE didnt directly support that DVICO card in HD?  Are you using the DVICO for OTA HD, and the Hauppauge for analog cable?

Thanks

Beelzabub

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2005, 10:41:00 AM »

QUOTE(jfoster @ Dec 6 2005, 05:47 PM) View Post

I thought that XP MCE didnt directly support that DVICO card in HD?  Are you using the DVICO for OTA HD, and the Hauppauge for analog cable?

Thanks

It doesnt support it alone you have have to have a hardware encoder based card such as the Hauppauge and yeah I'm using it for OTA HD and the PVR-150 has my cable hooked up to it

jfoster

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: December 07, 2005, 05:47:00 AM »

QUOTE(Beelzabub @ Dec 6 2005, 12:48 PM) *

It doesnt support it alone you have have to have a hardware encoder based card such as the Hauppauge and yeah I'm using it for OTA HD and the PVR-150 has my cable hooked up to it

Yeah, I understand aboutt he hardware - My MCE machine has the 150, but I have been holding off picking an OTA HD tuner card because I thought MCE didnt support them in time shifting/recording and such.

BTW - OT, but Recently, I have been having trouble recording shows on Time Warner cable (HBO, SHOWTIME...), seems they turned on broadcast flags that prevent me from doing so. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

Beelzabub

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: December 07, 2005, 11:20:00 AM »

QUOTE(jfoster @ Dec 7 2005, 01:18 PM) View Post

Yeah, I understand aboutt he hardware - My MCE machine has the 150, but I have been holding off picking an OTA HD tuner card because I thought MCE didnt support them in time shifting/recording and such.

BTW - OT, but Recently, I have been having trouble recording shows on Time Warner cable (HBO, SHOWTIME...), seems they turned on broadcast flags that prevent me from doing so. sad.gif

You would be very happy with the DVICO Fusion HDTV 5 works very well and there drivers are now MCE certified I pause hdtv and record with no stuttering or problems biggrin.gif I use the Zenith ZHDTV1 works very good and only $19.99 @ http://www.buy.com/p...1/90113670.html I am near by all my towers though I'm in NYC so Im not sure how well that indoor would work in a place where the towers are not as close
Pages: 1 [2]