xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Author Topic: Playing High Defintion Movie On 360  (Read 1005 times)

obstler

• Archived User
Playing High Defintion Movie On 360
« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2005, 05:44:00 AM »

Still have to wait til tomorrow to get my 360, but as this is the topic that really interests me (as hdtv is the only thing xbmc can't play): has anyone tried using:

ts converter

It's from the same ppl as hdtvpump (which works great for playing back ts files on the PC), and is a simple one click .ts -> .ms-dvr converter  (it really only needs to change the header and format, as both contain the video as mpeg2).. I really hope that works for the 360, so there's something for you guys to try out while I still wait for mine ;)

For joining multiple ts files, another easy way is to use Total Commander, just select the first segment, and choose file, combine (and select a different hdd for output, otherwise it'll probably take forever...)

This post has been edited by obstler: Dec 1 2005, 01:45 PM

zombie4rave

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2005, 06:59:00 AM »

I got the HD version of T2 Extreme Edition working last night through the 360. If anyone has this you 1st need to patch the Interactual player on your pc for Media Player 10. The patch is on the Interactual site. Now you can open and acquire licenses for the HD-WMA files directly through Media Player. Once this is done you can copy over the 4 parts of the movie to your pc's hdd and stream them over to the 360. This is where the files are located on the DVD where X is your DVD drive location.

X:\common\win\lang\en\t2x\esource\
T2_Part1.wmv 2gb
T2_Part2.wmv 2gb
T2_Part3.wmv 2gb
T2_Part4.wmv ~870mb

You MAY be able to copy them over 1st and pull the license with the 360s player since it does have DRM capabilities but Im not sure if it will work. I didnt try it. Ive had the HD verison of this movie for over a year and I can FINALLY watch it on my tv.
I havent had to do anything with .ts files to get them to stream other than rename them to .mpg.

This post has been edited by zombie4rave: Dec 1 2005, 03:06 PM

Beelzabub

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2005, 08:32:00 AM »

QUOTE(obstler @ Dec 1 2005, 01:15 PM) View Post

Still have to wait til tomorrow to get my 360, but as this is the topic that really interests me (as hdtv is the only thing xbmc can't play): has anyone tried using:

ts converter

It's from the same ppl as hdtvpump (which works great for playing back ts files on the PC), and is a simple one click .ts -> .ms-dvr converter  (it really only needs to change the header and format, as both contain the video as mpeg2).. I really hope that works for the 360, so there's something for you guys to try out while I still wait for mine wink.gif

For joining multiple ts files, another easy way is to use Total Commander, just select the first segment, and choose file, combine (and select a different hdd for output, otherwise it'll probably take forever...)

.ts work on the xbox360 it has no problem just install HDTVPump and your good

obstler

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2005, 10:47:00 AM »

QUOTE(Beelzabub @ Dec 1 2005, 04:39 PM) *

.ts work on the xbox360 it has no problem just install HDTVPump and your good

Really? once hdtvpump is installed on the MCE the xbox360 extender plays .ts files without any conversions? didn't know it even recognized the .ts extension as a valid video file.

too many questions and still over 12 hours to wait ;)

zombie4rave

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: December 01, 2005, 11:23:00 AM »

I dont understand what everyone's talking about with hdtvpump and conversions. All Ive ever done is rename ts to mpg and it works fine on the computer AND 360. Ts is still mpeg video no matter how you look at it. The only reason I can see that you might need something else for your pc is if you dont have any kind of software dvd player installed such as powerdvd or windvd.

obstler

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: December 01, 2005, 12:36:00 PM »

ts is not quite the same as an mpg... they both contain mpeg2 encoded video, but are packaged differently. ts is a transport stream while mpeg is a program stream. depending on the implementation of the decoder, one decoder will play both just as fine, or different handling might be needed.

if the x360 plays ts files renamed to mpeg just fine, even better -- i shall finally know that tomorrow..

puppydg68

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: December 01, 2005, 09:40:00 PM »

QUOTE(obstler @ Dec 1 2005, 07:07 PM) View Post

ts is not quite the same as an mpg... they both contain mpeg2 encoded video, but are packaged differently. ts is a transport stream while mpeg is a program stream. depending on the implementation of the decoder, one decoder will play both just as fine, or different handling might be needed.

if the x360 plays ts files renamed to mpeg just fine, even better -- i shall finally know that tomorrow..

I renamed a few .TS to MPG and it didn't run on x360..  I will try with hdtvpump and see if that makes a difference

Beelzabub

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: December 01, 2005, 11:05:00 PM »

QUOTE(puppydg68 @ Dec 2 2005, 05:47 AM) View Post

I renamed a few .TS to MPG and it didn't run on x360..  I will try with hdtvpump and see if that makes a difference

You dont have to rename the .ts I play them straight out no file extention change

babanoosh

• Archived User
« Reply #23 on: December 02, 2005, 01:02:00 AM »

QUOTE(puppydg68 @ Nov 30 2005, 01:15 AM) *

Confirm, you installed a codec pack on your PC, which allowed the HDTV2MPEG videos to work.  The same videos that showed as blank on previous attempts?   If so, which codec pack.

I've been working on getting .TS files and .TP files to run on xbox 360, and they work well, but not perfectly, although I suspect it's possibly in the conversion..  ie.. I have tombraider 1080i in .TS which is 108 TS files.   Using HDTV2MPEG just gave me one large file with only a grey background, no video/audio.   If I converted using VideoReDo the video is perfect, but the audio sync is off throughout the entire film.

.TP files same thing when using VideoReDo I get video glitches occasionally and the audio sync is off.   I have not been able to convert a .TP within HDTV2MPEG.   Additionally for X360 you can not simply rename the .TS or .TP file to mpg, it doesn't work.

It would be awesome to get some of my HDTV .TS collection streaming to Xbox360, any assistance would be of great help.

PS. for those who really want to show off your xbox 360's HD capabilities, look for the Hitachi HDTV demo, and the Pioneer HDTV demos (a.b.hdtv)..  They are encoded at about 23Mb/sec and look stunning when streamed to the Xbox360.. Of course, I'm still getting minor glitching and audio sync problems.

I'v heard of these sync problems. It's ironic that the 360 has problems handling .ts stream yet it really is a streaming variant of mpeg 2.

Try Mainconcept EVE 2.1. I've heard its really easy and no sync problems.

QUOTE(zombie4rave @ Dec 1 2005, 11:54 AM) *

I dont understand what everyone's talking about with hdtvpump and conversions. All Ive ever done is rename ts to mpg and it works fine on the computer AND 360. Ts is still mpeg video no matter how you look at it. The only reason I can see that you might need something else for your pc is if you dont have any kind of software dvd player installed such as powerdvd or windvd.

or VLC player, the best IMO. Question: Can you stream these media playback applications to your 360 from a MCE 05 PC? What about XP? If not, it'd be great if someone found a workaround. Shouldn't be that hard since MCE is really a scaled down xp with a prettier UI no?

Regards

QUOTE(zombie4rave @ Dec 1 2005, 07:30 AM) *

I got the HD version of T2 Extreme Edition working last night through the 360. If anyone has this you 1st need to patch the Interactual player on your pc for Media Player 10. The patch is on the Interactual site. Now you can open and acquire licenses for the HD-WMA files directly through Media Player. Once this is done you can copy over the 4 parts of the movie to your pc's hdd and stream them over to the 360. This is where the files are located on the DVD where X is your DVD drive location.

X:\common\win\lang\en\t2x\esource\
T2_Part1.wmv 2gb
T2_Part2.wmv 2gb
T2_Part3.wmv 2gb
T2_Part4.wmv ~870mb

You MAY be able to copy them over 1st and pull the license with the 360s player since it does have DRM capabilities but Im not sure if it will work. I didnt try it. Ive had the HD verison of this movie for over a year and I can FINALLY watch it on my tv.
I havent had to do anything with .ts files to get them to stream other than rename them to .mpg.

Sounds cool. I have that same dvd but haven't watched it in wmv glory yet. Sucks that you can't just stream it off your PC HD, or better yet play it through your xbox 360 dvd drive. Shit, you'd think MS could at least streamline their own formats a little better don't ya think?

QUOTE(mremulator @ Nov 30 2005, 03:07 AM) *

I'm trying to find out if you can simply pop a WMV HD DVD into the XBOX 360'S DVD-ROM and get it to play?
Nobody seems to know for sure... strange because there are quite a few of these DVD's out there.

I'd like to know 2, but I'm guessing not. Quite a few of these dvds out there? The only wmv I have on dvd is the T2 Extreme Edition. Examples?

obstler

• Archived User
« Reply #24 on: December 02, 2005, 03:52:00 AM »

I can confirm that the Xbox360 MC Extender plays .ts files just fine without converting or renaming them. I simply installed hdtvpump on the mce pc. now I only need to get network access going, but i'll start a new thread for that wink.gif

develitate

• Archived User
« Reply #25 on: December 02, 2005, 04:54:00 AM »

I recently acquired a copy of the first Harry Potter in 720P and apparently it's an .XVID (thats what the dl file said). What should I use to convert this to MPEG2 so I can stream it to my 360?

babanoosh

• Archived User
« Reply #26 on: December 02, 2005, 08:09:00 AM »

QUOTE(obstler @ Dec 2 2005, 04:59 AM) View Post

I can confirm that the Xbox360 MC Extender plays .ts files just fine without converting or renaming them. I simply installed hdtvpump on the mce pc. now I only need to get network access going, but i'll start a new thread for that wink.gif

OT

How does that work. Do you stream the hdtvpump from your MCE PC to your 360? Also, I don't have HDTV so I'm not familiar. .TS is raw capture HD from your MCE PC from... SAT or CABLE? Lastly, if you don't mind my asking capturing LOTR like comes from a premium channel right? How much do you pay a month for TV subscription?

Thanks!

EDIT: I think I found out part of my question. It seems hdtvpump is a directshow filter that allows .ts playback in wmp 10, so I'm assuming you stream wmp10 to your 360... Thanks on the other questions.. cheers.

obstler

• Archived User
« Reply #27 on: December 02, 2005, 10:12:00 AM »

babanoosh,

I'm not the one that posted about LOTR, but to answer some of your questions: the .ts files are raw mpeg2 transport stream captures from digital satellite (both free or encrypted channels). hdtvpump is a directshow source filter that allows viewing .ts files in directshow based media players (such as wmp oder zoomplayer).

I don't capture anything in the MCE, my capturing is done in other systems.. I only set up mce because the of the stupid limitation MS built into the xbox360 (video streaming only from mce).

babanoosh

• Archived User
« Reply #28 on: December 02, 2005, 01:37:00 PM »

QUOTE(obstler @ Dec 2 2005, 10:43 AM) *

babanoosh,

I'm not the one that posted about LOTR, but to answer some of your questions: the .ts files are raw mpeg2 transport stream captures from digital satellite (both free or encrypted channels). hdtvpump is a directshow source filter that allows viewing .ts files in directshow based media players (such as wmp oder zoomplayer).

I don't capture anything in the MCE, my capturing is done in other systems.. I only set up mce because the of the stupid limitation MS built into the xbox360 (video streaming only from mce).

Thanks man. I figured the 1st part out already, except you say encrypted channel.. encrypted on the stream? What do you use to decrypt/capture?

This is the main reason (other then limited inputs and functionality as opposed to the near future) that I've decided to hold off on an HDTV purchase. So far I'm leaning toward DLP unless OLED or the new age like hits shelves and wows videophiles. LCDs and Plasmas just have too many cons and CRTS are just too damn bulky.

Anyway, that reason being "HDCP" support. Most TVs out right now have maybe one HDMI input and I recently found out not all DVIs support HDCP (which makes matters even worse). I'd like to see a decent sized (42") DLP (or newer technology) under 2k with 1080p,1080i,720p,720i support (not sure which should be native, too early to tell IMO) along with maybe 3 HDMI inputs (all HDCP) , dvi (with HDCP), and maybe a component and svideo/composite. I saw something recently on engadget (good 'ol leading edge samsung I believe) that incorporate a media center with hard disc drive into a TV along with an ethernet jack. Nothing out right now (within reasonable cost) shouts "I'll last you through next gen high def". I do have a zenith 27" CRT with native 1080i in the bedroom. Probably use that for the 360 to see what everyone is talking about. I'm sure when next gen optics finally hits, we'll be seeing a lot more HDCP sets with "better" inputs.

I feel you on the MCE. I cringe thinking I'll have to dual boot just to enjoy some of the limited (but gorgeous eye candy) video playback. So what are you using for capture? Let me try to guess... WinTV hauppage Myth box?

This post has been edited by babanoosh: Dec 2 2005, 09:38 PM

puppydg68

• Archived User
« Reply #29 on: December 02, 2005, 05:16:00 PM »

Installing HDTV pump does the trick.  Works with both .TP and .TS files  

Now to find a perfect way of combining the multiple file .TS's

Streaming is still not 100% perfect, it get minor glitches here and there, hopefully MS will tune this and release an update for it(actually hoping we'll get XBMC on it).   Also sometimes, files will play, sometimes they skip right to the restart file option again.   The Xbox360 Media Connector is Beta at best.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6