xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: Xbox 360 E74 Hardware Failures are on the Rise and Full of Fail  (Read 551 times)

Exobex

• Archived User
Xbox 360 E74 Hardware Failures are on the Rise and Full of Fail
« Reply #75 on: March 24, 2009, 04:36:00 PM »

QUOTE(wyldstallions @ Mar 24 2009, 11:09 AM) View Post

Well if your in Europe then it should be possible to get this by MS up to 2 years, under Directive 1999/44/EC

A More easy to understand version

Thus I'd say with some argument that you should be able to get any/all hardware failures covered for at least 2 years.

In the UK the Sale of Goods Act comes into play for 6 years (5 years from time of discovery in Scotland).  Some more discussion about the pros and cons of this act here and a consumer fact sheet here.  You're probably looking at a Small Claims Court battle, though Consumer Direct (see bottom of factsheet) would know better than anyone on here and could dispense proper advice.

FalconX07

• Archived User
« Reply #76 on: March 24, 2009, 08:38:00 PM »

I got this at first on my falcon then it wouldn't turn on now Error code 0031!!

wyldstallions

• Archived User
« Reply #77 on: March 25, 2009, 03:48:00 AM »

You could go to a small claims court, its costs about £50 to bring a case. A representative from Microsoft would also have to show up to defend their case, if not then you win by default and get your claim plus expenses. Thus you could claim for a full refund or replacement.

I would guess though if you called up customer support and said I'm taking you to court please give me the address of where to send the paperwork/claim then wouldn't be surprised if they suddenly came to an arrangement.

Microsoft will want to avoid any court or class action suits as if they loose its sets the presedent.

Its a shame the thing is so inherently defective, if your lucky enough to have one work for any length of time what with rrod's, e74's hard drive and dvd drive failures then its likely to scratch and gouge chunks out of your games anyway.

Maybe thats why its called a 360 because you keep going round in circles with customer support.

carniver

• Archived User
« Reply #78 on: March 25, 2009, 12:25:00 PM »

QUOTE(wyldstallions @ Mar 25 2009, 04:32 AM) View Post

Maybe thats why its called a 360 because you keep going round in circles with customer support.

LOL good one

Collymilad

• Archived User
« Reply #79 on: March 31, 2009, 08:35:00 AM »

Well my falcon died on Thursday due to E74.

That's the same thing that happened to my first one (this was my 3rd), lines down the screen, shut down then reboot to E74 error.

Unbelievable, this one was only 4 months old.

LordArgos

• Archived User
« Reply #80 on: March 31, 2009, 06:42:00 PM »

Last week got the error E74 on my second xbox, falcon chip, and it was 1 year old. I've tried x-clamp fix, but it fixes the damage for like an hour and then the chip reheats and got the error again. Every time i try, the same one hour and the error.

I'm thinking buying a jasper but don't know if the errors will keep coming, mostly because of the heat and i leave in Central America, first almost always it seems we are in summer, and second, i can't send my xbox to microsoft for warranty cause just the shipping alone cost like $110.

I was looking for some way to prevent it and found out a water cooling solution, it is pricey like $180 - $280, just for the equipment but i think it's cheaper than buying 2 o 3 more xbox. It seems that the water cools down both gpu and cpu enough to prevent them from heat up. You have to make several mods to your xbox to let the hose in and removing you heatsinks for the new water cooler sink. And it has his own electrical output.

Tell me what you think, i'll let you the link of the page that sells one of the water cooling solutions.

http://www.koolance....?product_id=328

canus

• Archived User
« Reply #81 on: April 04, 2009, 11:48:00 AM »

I too have received the Error message. I called to get it repaired and they wanted the $100 so I politely canceled xbox live and am not dealing with the company in terms of console's again until their product has been out for about a year. This is the second console in less then two year period from the first failure return and I believe its just not right. Some companies need to be held accountable for their bad decisions to not test their products before putting it into the market. If they offer it for free in the future then I'll give MS my business. Until then they lost my yearly xbox live plus future games and accessories profit from me.

chatterx

• Archived User
« Reply #82 on: April 04, 2009, 01:38:00 PM »

QUOTE(Devedander @ Mar 21 2009, 01:07 PM) View Post

I see, would have just sent it in as a RROD and not even mentioned the e74 and let MS swap it out for a working one.

thats what I did. I bought a xbox off of ebay with a severely messed up dvd drive, and it had the 3 red lights, console was about 2 years old. called MS up and got a coffin sent to me and they sent me a unit that is only 5 months old laugh.gif

aahornet

• Archived User
« Reply #83 on: April 09, 2009, 10:04:00 AM »

I received the E 74 error 2 nights ago.
My XBox hasn't turned back on since.
I was playing COD4: MW when the screen started showing green interference lines.
I shut down the game and restarted the system, only to receive the E74 error screen.

Everything I am reading says I am SOL since my 1 yr warranty expired in December.

Everyone needs to inform MS if they received this error and see if they will roll it under the RROD extended 3 yr plan if enough people experience the issue!!

XBOXIZGOOD

• Archived User
« Reply #84 on: April 09, 2009, 03:50:00 PM »

I know the article says the Falcon models are affected, but WHICH version? The one with the RAM on the bottom of the board, or the cooler running v2 Falcon boards with them on top? I've got the latter, and I've been using the Intec Turbo Cooler on it since I've had it and zero problems so far. I know the v2 Falcon I have runs noticeably cooler than the original Falcons for sure.

aahornet

• Archived User
« Reply #85 on: April 14, 2009, 03:35:00 PM »

In case anyone checks this thread,
Microsoft announced today they will cover E74 errors under the extended 3yr warranty!

I'm pretty glad I didn't try to fix this myself last week and fuck my warranty (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

XBox Support Page Detailing Extension of Warranty to include E74 errors

Chancer

• Archived User
« Reply #86 on: April 15, 2009, 08:37:00 AM »

Good on MS for doing the right thing now as regards this (details in the thread above)
Bad on MS that this problem should even happen after the initial fiasco with faulty hardware.

This post has been edited by Chancer: Apr 15 2009, 03:39 PM

clownpatrol

• Archived User
« Reply #87 on: April 16, 2009, 12:03:00 AM »

I have 3 xbox 360s that have all had the RROD AND e74 or corrupt video error.

I saw a Target display that has one too with a video error (video courtesy of my phone):

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]