xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Gates no longer world's richest man  (Read 75 times)

Xbox-Scene

• Archived User
Gates no longer world's richest man
« on: March 06, 2008, 10:56:00 PM »

Posted by XanTium | March 7 00:20 EST | News Category: Xbox360

From computerandvideogames.com:

Bill Gates is no longer the world's richest man, according Forbes magazine's annual ranking of the world's wealthiest people.

Gates, who had held the position since 1995, fell to third place on the list.
He was beaten by investment tycoon Warren Buffet and Carlos Slim, a Mexican telecoms expert.

Full Story: computerandvideogames.com

commandersafi

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2008, 11:45:00 PM »

I believe this was announced already.

I remember seeing a article saying that Carlos Slim is wealthier than Bill Gates a while back now

InfernO8

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2008, 12:18:00 AM »

i hope he keeps dropping.. in my opinion his company and ego both suck

How are you going to make a NEXT GEN console with no standard hard drive, NEXT GEN playback on the hd-dvd standard which is now obsolete. I won't even mention the fact that a ridiculously large amount of your systems have been sent back to you due to your crappy design .. give me a break dude half of the kids going through these forums could have designed a better case apparently. That's followed by shitty support they get like the kids who lose their access to Xbox Live content when you have to replace the piece of crap you sold them.

I'd go on and on about him but.. you've probably already thought it yourself  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

Tiuk

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2008, 12:23:00 AM »

You do know none of that really has anything to do with Bill Gates, the person, right?

g8crapachino

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2008, 12:39:00 AM »

QUOTE(InfernO8 @ Mar 7 2008, 07:18 AM) *

i hope he keeps dropping.. in my opinion his company and ego both suck
How are you going to make a NEXT GEN console with no standard hard drive, NEXT GEN playback on the hd-dvd standard which is now obsolete. I won't even mention the fact that a ridiculously large amount of your systems have been sent back to you due to your crappy design .. give me a break dude half of the kids going through these forums could have designed a better case apparently. That's followed by shitty support they get like the kids who lose their access to Xbox Live content when you have to replace the piece of crap you sold them.

I'd go on and on about him but.. you've probably already thought it yourself  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

So why don't you sell your xbox, get rid of your Windows PC, and buy a Mac?   Any idiot can stand on the sidelines, look at things after the fact, and pretend they know how things should be done and could do better.   You aren't impressing anyone with your childish rhetoric.

This post has been edited by g8crapachino: Mar 7 2008, 08:43 AM

gtasaif

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2008, 01:01:00 AM »

QUOTE(g8crapachino @ Mar 7 2008, 02:39 AM) *

So why don't you sell your xbox, get rid of your Windows PC, and buy a Mac?   Any idiot can stand on the sidelines, look at things after the fact, and pretend they know how things should be done and could do better.   You aren't impressing anyone with your childish rhetoric.

i'd love to use a mac but not many apps are designed for it  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif)

scuba156

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2008, 01:03:00 AM »

actually, there are many apps designed for it. many games are in mac format. theres even plenty of microsoft apps on the mac like msn and Word/Excel. saying there arnt many apps for it is just an excuse. and if your wondering, i own a mac powerbook G4

tx81

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2008, 01:25:00 AM »

this was announced like a couple of months back

HotKnife420

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2008, 01:31:00 AM »

x-s had a news thing a while back when Gates was passed. Moving from 2nd place to 3rd place isn't really big news, imho. For what it's worth, I'm probably going to be a couple days late on my rent this month, so  whatever (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

InfernO8

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2008, 01:59:00 AM »

Actually I use a Mac..  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Very true that the man himself doesn't have to do with them. But in my opinion if you put your brand on something you either take the glory or the poo.. Without much change I think he would dominate the electronic world.. the fact that I really think he could and he doesn't, is the only reason I get so frustrated with him.

And g8crapachino I was only kidding so no one wants to see your attempt at forum fame there tough guy.. MAYBE NEXT TIME!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

All I did was say what I thought after I read the article.. and I am pretty sure I had and still have, the right to.

Tobb555

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2008, 02:06:00 AM »

Who gives a shit. So he was the richest man, and now hes not. No one cares. You are on a site devoted to a producted his company created. I would say its safe to say at least 85%+ of the people here use windows, yet you bitch. That makes sense.

Biaz

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2008, 02:41:00 AM »

Damn all that piracy! What the hell is Bill Gates going to do now? Only THIRD richest? It's a catastrophe!

Martinchris23

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2008, 03:07:00 AM »

I'm sure he won't lose any sleep over it....(IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

scuba156

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2008, 03:11:00 AM »

id be happy enough to be in the million richest people list

fiya

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2008, 05:03:00 AM »

Some of you guys do know that he is just a shareholder in MS, right? Also a big part of the reason he fell down is because of his dedication to charity. He is considered one of the most generous ppl in the world. Anyways back to ignorant rhetoric.....bill gates is evil blah blah blah....RROD is his fault blah blah......I dont know what im talking about la di dah di dah  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)