xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Xbox Modding Uk (letchworth) Postal Too  (Read 614 times)

gavroche

• Archived User
Xbox Modding Uk (letchworth) Postal Too
« on: February 25, 2003, 10:49:00 AM »

Hi,

I provide XII Lite & Pro Installation Service in the UK.  I provide a fully automated service Here

I also supply and install a full range of Hard Disk upgrades for XBOX including pre-configured XBOX Linux Installations.  I also make USB cables, HDD LEDs, external switches, custom bioses & dashboards etc.

Check my site for prices.  £10 off for personal callers.  All prices include modchip, installation, software loading, warranty and return delivery (insurred)

Thanks,

Luke

chilin_dude

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2003, 06:09:00 AM »

hey,
how do we buy just the Usb adapter from your site?thats all i want coz it sounds good!

gavroche

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2003, 07:36:00 AM »

My USB interface is a 4 port USB hub that connects directly into the XBOX controller socket. The hub also has a built in standard USB connector so that it may also connect to a standard USB port.  The Version 2 will have a quick-release attachment so that you can connect your gampad to your PC.

The USB adapter is only currently available wit mod installs. However, this is likely to change in the next day or so once I get some more stock.

I will get back to you tomorrow with pictures and details.  The adapter will be about £24.99 including shipping.

Watch this space,

Luke

chilin_dude

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2003, 07:30:00 AM »

Ok thanks,

so what your saying is that you can plug 4 usb devices and only take up one controller port?

btw where is letchworth?(jus wondering if i could pick it up instead of shipping)?

Cheers

gavroche

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2003, 08:36:00 AM »

Hi,

Yes, this is a 4-port, USB adapter for the XBOX.  It connects to any of the controller ports and provides 4 STANDARD usb sockets to allow for keyboards, mice, printers, cameras, external hard disks, scanners, infrared adapters, bluetooth adapters and wireless networks to name but a few.

The device is BUS powered, which means that it will draw its current from the xbox itself so no additional power supply is required. I am also introducing a externally powered adapter that can use a standard transformer, or the PSU output mod (which gives an external socket on the xbox that can supply 5v 12v etc).

Pictures will be available this evening on my site (give me an hour, my Digital SLR camera needs a new battery).

Pricing for the BUS powered adapter is £24.99
The self powered adapter is £29.99, however these need to be built and will be available in a couple of days.
The PSU mod for the xbox is £9.99 but due to the nature of the mod and health and safety, the XBOX will need to remain on-site for at least 24 hours. (This is to cover my ass with the insurrers)

Any further questions, give me a call on: 01462 487023 (business line) or my mobile on 07984 201809 (t-mobile)

These adapters are selling by the bucket load to the local dealers, and these are paying the same price as you are. Bulk discounts are only available to national dealers (not local) and personal order.

Thanks,

Luke

gavroche

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2003, 11:13:00 AM »

Ok, the XHUB site is now active.  Click HERE to see it.

Email or Call me for ordering as I havn't got the online payments for the hubs set up yet. The prices should start to fall once I start getting more national orders (I am only getting local ones at the moment).

We provide a very professional service, its a shame my web site design skills dont reflect that. LOL

If anyone wants a few quid (and I mean few) to set up a good site for me, let me know.

Cya,

Luke

chilin_dude

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2003, 01:08:00 PM »

Pricing for the BUS powered adapter is £24.99
The self powered adapter is £29.99, however these need to be built and will be available in a couple of days.
The PSU mod for the xbox is £9.99 but due to the nature of the mod and health and safety, the XBOX will need to remain on-site for at least 24 hours. (This is to cover my ass with the insurrers)

I just want it to run off the xbox's power so its the £25 for me right?
I must say these look really good and are a Very good idea, would these work with non modded boxs?(as if so i will tell my friends about these.)
Also is it possible for you to Pm me a address as i would like to Post the money to you (as i am not yet old enough for a card i'm 15 and a half)
Thanks again in advance

gavroche

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2003, 10:05:00 PM »

Yeah, £25 for the bus powered one.

Yes and no to working with an unmodded xbox.  They do work, but they wont be of a huge practical use on an unmodded xbox because no MS sofware supports them yet.

The address to send cash or cheques is on THIS page.

Ciao!

Luke

gavroche

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2003, 09:29:00 AM »

*bump*

chilin_dude

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2003, 11:13:00 AM »

hey...
i am going to oder  one...trying to get my ps to order it via visa but if not i will send the cash

chilin_dude

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2003, 08:54:00 AM »

just to let you know i have just ordered a XHUB via paypal...anynews on how long shipping takes?i am very eager to recieve it :D
thanks

gavroche

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2003, 10:46:00 PM »

Orders are shipped next working day.  In your case, you will get yout X-HUB tomorrow.

Thanks for your order,

Luke

chilin_dude

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2003, 11:50:00 AM »

thanks, i will confirm when i recieve it.
I have been looking at the site and i like the layout
i have been reading about the X-Pander and was interested in how this will be installed. It states there are 2 ps/2 slots, have these yet been tested with linux?thanks in advance

gavroche

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2003, 09:17:00 PM »

Hi.

Yes and no.  A driver will need to be built into Linux to support the mutl-function controller of the LPC bus.

DiskOnChip is now also working, far better than first planned.  However we are having a few problems getting around some of the IRQ problems that a Debug LPC as apposed to a full LPC offers.

I new port replication chip has come onto the market for USB, we may be looking to build circuits for a multi-function USB adapter. (HDD, Serial, Parallel, PS2 KB&Mouse, IRDA etc). We will let you know the plans in due course.

I can however confirm that using a small solid-state device attached to the IDE cable and a single switch, we can boot linux without HD, then pass control to the LPC bus or USB port where we can continue booting from an external device.  This is good news for those who wish to keep their HD 100% clean for use with any XBL protections.  This is also a good way to add external storage options for the XBOX without opening the case any further.

LPCSCSI will be next on the list of trials, for a faster data rate over what we are currently acceiving with the IDE emulator.

Will keep you posted.

PS. chilin_dude, check your mail this morning.

chilin_dude

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2003, 08:50:00 AM »

Hey, just confirming i got my Xhub this morning!
@ 7am
its one cool devive, i like the 3 lights in it, however can you tell me what they show?

for anyone interested its about 25cm long and very proffesional looking!