xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: GamesIndustry.biz: Microsoft Needs to Act Now on Hardware Failures  (Read 497 times)

cerealkillajme

• Archived User
GamesIndustry.biz: Microsoft Needs to Act Now on Hardware Failures
« Reply #75 on: May 29, 2007, 07:02:00 AM »

QUOTE(Boiker @ May 29 2007, 05:51 AM) View Post

I was thinking. We know the Elite has a different mobo, are these failing left, right and centre like the Cores and Premiums?

DAY OLD ELITE DIES!!!

^^^^ That's sad ^^^^

BTW, fixed my 360 that died (stated it died on page 6)  smile.gif

Quite sad M$ didn't take the chance with the Elite to fix their manufacturing defect.

eyric101

• Archived User
« Reply #76 on: May 29, 2007, 11:57:00 AM »

QUOTE(Mystakill @ May 29 2007, 02:28 PM) View Post
What's even worse is having to deal with Microsoft's "Service Contract" (I've quoted it since it's a bit of a farce). Two weeks after calling in dead Xbox 360 #3, I'm awaiting a second coffin. UPS was kind enough to crush the first empty coffin, so I called "support" (again with the quotes...) and requested a second coffin. Am I the only one who thinks shipping an empty box *with any shipper* isn't a good idea?

A week passed and no coffin arrived, so I called and was told that it was never shipped. Their solution? Close the first ticket and open a new one so that I could get a another coffin. I called back today, they haven't shipped a coffin for the second time even after opening the new ticket. This is typical of the pattern that started when my second 360 died -- if you have any issue with support, they close your ticket and open a new one, thus putting you further back in the queue.

This doesn't even begin to address the DRM issue concerning XBLM content after a console is replaced (regardless of the how or why it was replaced). My family got locked out of all of the XBLA games and themes that we had purchased on 360 #2 for *two months* before I got fed up and sicced the BBB on Microsoft.

Looks like I'll be filing another BBB complaint today...

I have the same problem with my xbla games.  I had the store replace my 360 and now since I don't have the original 360 recipt they won't do anything for me.  I hate logging into live to play my xbla games.  DAMNIT

ikecomp

• Archived User
« Reply #77 on: May 29, 2007, 02:24:00 PM »

Interesting reading about these hardware failures. From what I've experienced, MS is attempting to do something about the problem (from a reactionary standpoint at least)

Here's my question though. I bought a busted 3ROL 360 with the seal intact off of ebay that I planned to do the x-clamp mod on but decided  to check out something someone said on these forums a while back. They said that the actual warranty doesn't kick in until you register your 360 with MS. So I registered it at xbox.com and sure enough when I checked its status, it said "Still In-Warranty" (Now there is no way this machine should still be in warranty since it was manufactured way back in Nov 2005) I was caught off guard by this so I called the xbox repair center to confirm this and they said yes, it shows as still being under warranty and they are willing to fix it or send me another in its place....free of charge.

I just wanted to know if anyone else has had or heard of a similar experience where a 360 was still under warranty when it shouldn't be? and does the warranty start at the actual date of registration (regardless of purchase date)?

spinr34

• Archived User
« Reply #78 on: May 29, 2007, 04:51:00 PM »

i do not see why you all are upset about the DRM situation. it makes sense and all you have to do is be logged into live. i don't get what is so difficult about that. what damage is logging into live going to cause you? although, at the same time, i do agree that if you get your console replaced by MS that they should xfer purchased content to the replaced machine. there has to be a way for them to do it and that should be automatically done when you are sent a replacement console. however, logging onto live isn't that difficult at the same time.

Mr Invader

• Archived User
« Reply #79 on: May 29, 2007, 11:37:00 PM »

QUOTE(cerealkillajme @ May 29 2007, 08:38 AM) View Post

DAY OLD ELITE DIES!!!

Quite sad M$ didn't take the chance with the Elite to fix their manufacturing defect.

I wonder what the defect rate for th elite is. I haven't heard much about them braking. Anyone know anything about this?

i do not see why you all are upset about the DRM situation. it makes sense and all you have to do is be logged into live. i don't get what is so difficult about that. what damage is logging into live going to cause you? although, at the same time, i do agree that if you get your console replaced by MS that they should xfer purchased content to the replaced machine. there has to be a way for them to do it and that should be automatically done when you are sent a replacement console. however, logging onto live isn't that difficult at the same time.

Some people aren't always able to connect to the internet when they want to play their 360.

Hopefully at E3 we will hear something about MS addressing these problems (there seems to be enough fuss about it for them to do something) along with giving us an announcement about the 65nm processors *crosses fingers*

23r0c001

• Archived User
« Reply #80 on: June 01, 2007, 06:09:00 PM »

I, too, had one of these pesky hardware failures. 3 red lights and sub-code was "0102-Unknown error". I opened my 360 up and found a SMD cap/resistor half unseated! I proceeded to re-solder it, and now it works! My suggestion: look for busted or mis-seated components!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]