xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: GamesIndustry.biz: Microsoft Needs to Act Now on Hardware Failures  (Read 500 times)

FCTE

• Archived User
GamesIndustry.biz: Microsoft Needs to Act Now on Hardware Failures
« Reply #60 on: May 26, 2007, 08:08:00 AM »

QUOTE(1nsan3 @ May 26 2007, 09:34 AM) View Post
he has forgotten about who really got him in the position he is in now. HIS CUSTOMERS!!

You mean Apple? Xerox? PARC? IBM?  

That's who he stole from to build the M$ empire.

ExitRooster

• Archived User
« Reply #61 on: May 26, 2007, 11:45:00 AM »

Well I'm in this boat..  I have the right of death, I have called the 1-800 number and told simply send my console in with $139 and they'll fix it (assuming I get a refurb).  I mentioned seeing sites say that consoles made in 2005 were supposed to be fixed free, as a few places posted stories on, and I was told that that "promotion" expired already.  What kind of crap is that.  In my book, MS has done NOTHING to 'please' the gamer.  I bought a console as soon as a shelf had one here.  I'm not a 24/7 gamer, but I love my 360 and play it when I can.  So WHAT if it took longer for my console to 'reach' the same point that other consoles (used more) with the same manu. date did?  It still HAS the same problem, and now I'm screwed.  Me, I'm not happy at all.  Mind you the day before the RoD occurred, I absolutely LOVED my 360.  That's what a manufacturer defect does to you.  Brings you from love to hate REAL FAST, well that coupled with the fact that MS isn't owning up to it in my case.

Not to mention - Getting a refurb box - Yea all my content will no longer work without being signed into Live.  That's super.  Except that right now, my son can play the games, too.  Oh wait - He WON'T be able to (unless he's signed in as me)...  They need to address that, too.  Because I KNOW someone in MS can flip the switch and change the download rights or whatever it's called to be moved to the 'new' refurb unit (not that I've done this yet, of course as I said, but in my readings it's the #1 complaint about not getting YOUR 360 back, and instead someone else's refurb unit).

BAH.  Poor business practices.  And I'll remember this nextgen time, and look toward Sony or Nintendo with more priority this time.  Still don't have a PS3, and torn between just selling off all my 360 stuff for a Sony move.  Not thay they are perfect either, mind you (PS2 *IS* bar none, the WORST console, the MOST IN REPAIR console system EVER, keep that in mind).  Just so frustrated.

eastx

• Archived User
« Reply #62 on: May 26, 2007, 01:08:00 PM »

My second system just died a week ago. I'd had it since August. I'm a huge 360 supporter, but I'm not happy to be on my 3rd system. Many of my friends are on their 2nd or 3rd systems as well.

cerealkillajme

• Archived User
« Reply #63 on: May 26, 2007, 01:43:00 PM »

My gaming 360 died last night  sad.gif  I knew it was only a matter of time anyway. Bought it April 7th 2006. MFG was March 2006 something. I'll be doing the Xclamp replacement on this one and most likely fix it though.

Still have my linux 360 though  smile.gif  (already did the Xclamp replacement after getting a random ROD on it)

Would be nice if M$ addressed the ROD someday  sleeping.gif

UltimateNinja9

• Archived User
« Reply #64 on: May 27, 2007, 09:50:00 AM »

MS is using faulty hardware to boost their units sold number which gets them more developer support and ultimately more money. The fact is that when Halo 3 comes out a lot of people are going to have dead units because people will play the hell out of that game. And MS will just sit back and count thier profits because people are too stupid to stop buying 360s.

IJTF_Cinder

• Archived User
« Reply #65 on: May 27, 2007, 09:44:00 PM »

Class Action Lawsuit
Class Action Lawsuit
Class Action Lawsuit
Class Action Lawsuit......

There is enough supporting evidence out there, why won't people get together on this and DEMAND satisfaction?

I haven't bought a 360 yet, and I won't until the issues of poor hardware quality are dealt with.

kensterdotnet

• Archived User
« Reply #66 on: May 27, 2007, 10:11:00 PM »

I know 5 friends in real life that have a 360 and 2 of them have broken ones.

Mr Invader

• Archived User
« Reply #67 on: May 28, 2007, 12:01:00 AM »

I don't see why people curse Bill Gates for their 360s crashing, it's not like he was involved in making the 360's architecture, so stop blaming him for shortfallings. And if you hate MS that much and think its going to take over the world someday and kill everyone, then quit wasting your money to support them and shut up.

As for my luck, its been pretty good. I bought my first 360 in December 2005 and it finally quit in August 2006 (i got my money back smile.gif); i still have my second one and i have no problems with it except an occasional guide freeze when i'm loading a level (which is really my fault).

As for my friends, only one of them that have a 360 has had to send his in, he's sent his in 3 times. All my other friends haven't even experience as much as one freeze.

I would really like to hear an announcement about the 65nm processors for the 360, so that all this RoD and complaining can quiet down.

FCTE

• Archived User
« Reply #68 on: May 28, 2007, 08:56:00 AM »

QUOTE(Mr Invader @ May 28 2007, 01:37 AM) View Post

I don't see why people curse Bill Gates for their 360s crashing, it's not like he was involved in making the 360's architecture, so stop blaming him for shortfallings.

No he just happens to own the company that created yet another half ass product and customers yet again get the shaft.

And if you hate MS that much and think its going to take over the world someday and kill everyone, then quit wasting your money to support them and shut up.

It has nothing to with that insanely idiotic rant that you have posted, it has to do with constantly creating bad products and treating customers like dirt. They need to be held accountable for what they do and don't do in terms of meeting customer satisfaction. I'm free to enjoy my 360 (until it crashes) and hate on Microsoft all I like. Consumers have a right to hold a company accountable for mistakes........and you can STFU.

As for my luck, its been pretty good. I bought my first 360 in December 2005 and it finally quit in August 2006 (i got my money back smile.gif); i still have my second one and i have no problems with it except an occasional guide freeze when i'm loading a level (which is really my fault).

Yeah that sounds like some damn amazing "good luck," out of two consoles one has failed completely and both of them still have issues.  blink.gif

As for my friends, only one of them that have a 360 has had to send his in, he's sent his in 3 times. All my other friends haven't even experience as much as one freeze.

Great, now take that same scale and use it globally on all of the people in the world who own a 360. That's going to be quite a signifigant failure rate, but I doubt you'd consider it because somehow you seem to think 2 out of 2 console defects is "good luck."

I would really like to hear an announcement about the 65nm processors for the 360, so that all this RoD and complaining can quiet down.

Funny how that pans out, you fix the problems with your products, they stop failing, and people stop complaining.  rolleyes.gif

Mr Invader

• Archived User
« Reply #69 on: May 28, 2007, 01:35:00 PM »

QUOTE(FCTE @ May 28 2007, 10:32 AM) View Post

No he just happens to own the company that created yet another half ass product and customers yet again get the shaft.

I agree that the 360 could be better (as all things could) but to call it a half-ass product? If it's so horrible then how come its still being bought? How come people are still getting them replaced and playing them instead of going out to buy a PS3 or Wii? How are over 10 million of them sold? You have one bizarre definition of "half-ass product".

It has nothing to with that insanely idiotic rant that you have posted, it has to do with constantly creating bad products and treating customers like dirt. They need to be held accountable for what they do and don't do in terms of meeting customer satisfaction. I'm free to enjoy my 360 (until it crashes) and hate on Microsoft all I like. Consumers have a right to hold a company accountable for mistakes

Do you expect them to come over to your house, give you a hug, and paint your nails? I don't know your experience with Xbox tech support, and respectfully i don't care. I can speak for me and those i have talked to whose xboxes have broken down; the person on the phone didnt treat us like dirt, they at least pretended to care about our situation which made us less frustrated, and when all of it was said and done we all had a re-furbished console on our doorstep in about a week. I guess I'm not pampered enough to consider that crappy customer service.

And how exactly are you going to hold a company accountable for doing something they don't even have to do in the first place? Certainly by complaining to others that have no connections with the company.

........and you can STFU.

How nice   jester.gif

Yeah that sounds like some damn amazing "good luck," out of two consoles one has failed completely and both of them still have issues.  blink.gif

Compared to those who have had to send theirs in 4 and 5 times? The games on my 360 don't freeze, but my guide freezes while i'm in it and loading a map or level, and therefore wont let me get out of my guide. I do consider it good luck, i have a working next-gen console that I got replaced for free; while some had theres break a couple months after buying it.

Great, now take that same scale and use it globally on all of the people in the world who own a 360. That's going to be quite a signifigant failure rate, but I doubt you'd consider it because somehow you seem to think 2 out of 2 console defects is "good luck."

Theres a term called "Hasty generalization" and I think you just nailed it on the head.

Funny how that pans out, you fix the problems with your products, they stop failing, and people stop complaining.  rolleyes.gif

Hilarious...........

sunkist09

• Archived User
« Reply #70 on: May 28, 2007, 02:47:00 PM »

yeah i know ppl whove been through 10+ systems since release im a lil mad cuz the best one i had was a release that had arctic silver applied and it ran till i sold it a couple weeks ago lol never had a prob with it

FCTE

• Archived User
« Reply #71 on: May 28, 2007, 05:00:00 PM »

QUOTE(Mr Invader @ May 28 2007, 03:11 PM) View Post
I agree that the 360 could be better (as all things could) but to call it a half-ass product? If it's so horrible then how come its still being bought? How come people are still getting them replaced and playing them instead of going out to buy a PS3 or Wii? How are over 10 million of them sold? You have one bizarre definition of "half-ass product".

An average consumer buying them today assume that they work well and that any bugs have been worked out, well they haven't. I wouldn't consider one brand new console on the market still building a decent gaming library and another console that is not even in direct competition with the 360 valid alternatives. And a great majority of replacements are under warranty, not out of the consumers pocket.

Do you expect them to come over to your house, give you a hug, and paint your nails? I don't know your experience with Xbox tech support, and respectfully i don't care. I can speak for me and those i have talked to whose xboxes have broken down; the person on the phone didnt treat us like dirt, they at least pretended to care about our situation which made us less frustrated, and when all of it was said and done we all had a re-furbished console on our doorstep in about a week. I guess I'm not pampered enough to consider that crappy customer service.

No, I expect a console that doesn't break down after minimal use, period. I shouldn't have to get it fixed, it should work.............and no I don't consider giving me somone elses crappy refurbed system that most likely is not in the pristine condition I keep mine in a "replacement." A replacement should be equal to the product you purchased, ie. brand new.

And how exactly are you going to hold a company accountable for doing something they don't even have to do in the first place?

What don't they have to do? Make a product that isn't a lemon? Back it under warranty? Yes, they are bound by law. When you sell a product that is a defective piece of shit and promise it to be a great reliable gaming experience and do not fix the problems that is fraud. Getting it replaced once from some manufacturing defect or normal wear and tear would be completely acceptable, this is a design flaw in all the boxes. Many 360 owners don't give a crap if MS replaces them 14 times, you are out of a gaming console and heavily inconvienced for that time frame that it is not in your posession, that is not normal, even if you cosider this service "lucky."

Compared to those who have had to send theirs in 4 and 5 times? The games on my 360 don't freeze, but my guide freezes while i'm in it and loading a map or level, and therefore wont let me get out of my guide. I do consider it good luck, i have a working next-gen console that I got replaced for free; while some had theres break a couple months after buying it.

Hey if you like owning a defective piece of sh!t even though you paid to have a working console that's your deal. If you like the fact and consider it "lucky" that certain features and aspects of your console don't even work and you accept this as normal more power to you. Other 360 owners want a fully working unit, because that's what they paid for and are expecting.

Theres a term called "Hasty generalization" and I think you just nailed it on the head.
Hilarious...........

Call it whatever you want, the amount of failures has been deemed unacceptable and its being published and MS has an obligation to correct the problem.

jimbobjim

• Archived User
« Reply #72 on: May 28, 2007, 05:57:00 PM »

QUOTE(sunkist09 @ May 28 2007, 10:23 PM) View Post

yeah i know ppl whove been through 10+ systems since release.

10+!!! ohmy.gif  Some people are completely insane. To go through 10 systems and still keep going is nothing short of stupid, and it's because of these exact people that M$ are still selling crap. Repairs alone are probably a big source of revenue for them.

Mr Invader

• Archived User
« Reply #73 on: May 28, 2007, 08:12:00 PM »

QUOTE(FCTE @ May 28 2007, 06:36 PM) View Post

I'm gonna stop, we'll be going around in circles in this discussion/argument forever. You obviously have a very  secure opinion and I have mine, so theres no point. It was fun arguing biggrin.gif, but its done.

Boiker

• Archived User
« Reply #74 on: May 29, 2007, 04:15:00 AM »

Well I must be doing something right with mine. It's completely stock and is 14 months old tomorrow  smile.gif

I agree though, the period where early adopters will buy is coming to an end, now other consumers need to be hit. These are the ones that will weigh up the pros and cons of a 360 vs. PS3 and make a choice. The problems of the 360 are well known now so I really hope something is done. Not because I want a working console (I have one!) but because I want to see the 360 take the trophy  happy.gif

I was thinking. We know the Elite has a different mobo, are these failing left, right and centre like the Cores and Premiums?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6