xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: GamesIndustry.biz: Microsoft Needs to Act Now on Hardware Failures  (Read 495 times)

• Archived User
GamesIndustry.biz: Microsoft Needs to Act Now on Hardware Failures
« Reply #45 on: May 25, 2007, 04:34:00 PM »

QUOTE(gli7ch @ May 25 2007, 08:35 PM) View Post

This is retail fraud, and you are lucky no one has reported you yet, I hear it is alot of time in prison

I misread what he said there the first time, yeah that's illegal.

Legendary Badass

• Archived User
« Reply #46 on: May 25, 2007, 05:16:00 PM »

I think that achievement addiction has caused me to play more 360 than these things are designed to handle. I have had many systems that I played everyday when they were in vogue. But, I didn't spend all of my day playing those systems.

dvsone

• Archived User
« Reply #47 on: May 25, 2007, 05:43:00 PM »

QUOTE(slunk @ May 25 2007, 05:36 PM) View Post
The fact is 90% of the problems are fixable via the X-Clamp removable method founded by RBJtech.

This is totally beside the point. I expect games consoles to be maintenance free for at least five years unlike my MR2 Turbo. For the lucky few of us who actually have the balls to do the X-Clamp fix, we can get our 360's working again but at what cost in time/money/stress?  For the vast majority of 360 owners, the X-Clamp fix is not an option. These people rely entirely on the warranty which, if their 360 lasts longer than usual, will expire just before they get the 3RLOD.

You totally missed my point. I was saying that the issue has been identified and that there is no excuse for MS not to correct it.

• Archived User
« Reply #48 on: May 25, 2007, 05:57:00 PM »

QUOTE(spodee @ May 25 2007, 02:53 PM) View Post

Besides that being fraud RichBamBam in the U.S. the decks are scanned by by their Serial Number through the box and the serial is then printed on the receipt.  Any idiot at a store would then check to make sure your returning the same serial numbered deck.

not to condone the behavior or encourage others, but it is not hard to switch the serial stickers...thus making the "idiot" as you mentioned unaware of the fraudulent return...

philbee

• Archived User
« Reply #49 on: May 25, 2007, 07:03:00 PM »

im on my 5th 360. I dont play for long hours but i do play a few times a week. Always treat my systems with respect and i am a xbox fan boy. But, im really getting tired of this, my 4th one just recently broke while i was playing motogp. the 3rd one i got failed from the first time i turned it on. As far as the guys defending the fact that there console is ok i can understand where ye are coming from and its good to know that peeps would come to the defence of our machines like that but having said that if ye had some of the experiences like myself or some of the people here i dont think you would be too impressed. ive stuck it out so far but im afraid im getting very tired of it. \i have my wii, deramcast and xbox 1 working no prob and all i would ask for ms is to sort out the problems and openly acknowledge that the rate is actually higher than they say. its bad enough having all this trouble but then to be told its not that bad just makes me feel worse. sad.gif

mik30

• Archived User
« Reply #50 on: May 25, 2007, 07:43:00 PM »

QUOTE(mlapaglia @ May 25 2007, 05:09 AM) View Post

^^ aren't you only going to hear from customers when their product isnt working right?

while i haven't had a broken console (still got a launch system), i'm guessing that there is still problems with others. i think a release from microsoft saying the percentage is being released.

i think one factor could be you never hear from the vast majority of people that never have problems, the same goes for the university of dayton, who gives the university laptops from compal. this specific laptop has great ratings from other users, but at the university all you hear is from the people with problems (even though most of the problems are caused by the user lol).

i do think that the percentage of return is high though, but not as high as other people are saying.

Well, I do have 2 360s and so does my brother and a few of my friends.
All(!) of our 360s have gone broken with the Ring of Death, regardless of the
manufacturing date. So I tell you, you are still sitting in the row.
Do not fool yourself by dreaming about you have got a miraculously
flawless 360. All 360s are produced identically. So all have the same
flaws in respect to the solder quality. As a result of this your 360 must
have this flaw as well. It is just a matter of time when your 360 shows
the Ring of Death.

mlapaglia

• Archived User
« Reply #51 on: May 25, 2007, 07:49:00 PM »

QUOTE(mik30 @ May 25 2007, 10:19 PM) View Post

Well, I do have 2 360s and so does my brother and a few of my friends.
All(!) of our 360s have gone broken with the Ring of Death, regardless of the
manufacturing date. So I tell you, you are still sitting in the row.
Do not fool yourself by dreaming about you have got a miraculously
flawless 360. All 360s are produced identically. So all have the same
flaws in respect to the solder quality. As a result of this your 360 must
have this flaw as well. It is just a matter of time when your 360 shows
the Ring of Death.

if they all were produced exactly alike, which they aren't they already have revisions to them, then wouldn't the all break at the same, or around the same, time? wtf is a miracle machine, mine just hasn't had any problems, and it's been over a year now.

mik30

• Archived User
« Reply #52 on: May 25, 2007, 07:54:00 PM »

QUOTE(794 @ May 26 2007, 01:33 AM) View Post

MS has already learned from these broken consoles and continues to refine/improve the 360...

Please give us some more of your valuable insight knowledge about
the refine-/improvements which you insinuate Microsoft has
done already.

As far as I know, the production quality of
the 360 has not changed at all since release
date. Even the Elite 360s have the same flaws
and go out of order with the RoD.

I guess that any 360 will develop the RoD
sooner or later. All 360 which are produced
in the current way are sitting in a row to the RoD.
It is just a matter of time to get it...

droideka

• Archived User
« Reply #53 on: May 25, 2007, 07:54:00 PM »

QUOTE(mlapaglia @ May 26 2007, 03:25 AM) View Post

if they all were produced exactly alike, which they aren't they already have revisions to them, then wouldn't the all break at the same, or around the same, time? wtf is a miracle machine, mine just hasn't had any problems, and it's been over a year now.

my first one ran for a full year and a half then one day puff... had it from day 1.

• Archived User
« Reply #54 on: May 25, 2007, 09:06:00 PM »

QUOTE(mik30 @ May 25 2007, 09:30 PM) View Post

Please give us some more of your valuable insight knowledge about
the refine-/improvements which you insinuate Microsoft has
done already.

As far as I know, the production quality of the 360 has not changed at all since release
date. Even the Elite 360s have the same flaws and go out of order with the RoD.

I guess that any 360 will develop the RoD sooner or later. All 360 which are produced
in the current way are sitting in a row to the RoD.  It is just a matter of time to get it...

well you can start with the pictures of the 360 mobo with the different revisions already...

and then when the 65nm processor is released, you can check again...

or you can just continue to live in your pessimistic world and as you say "It is just a matter of time to get it..." while the rest of us enjoy life and also playing on our 360s...

SSChevy2001

• Archived User
« Reply #55 on: May 25, 2007, 10:07:00 PM »

I'm still on my first console 5/16/2006, but it had the 3ROL problem on cold boot and it drove me nuts.  The actual error was 0110 or 0102 and I tried just about everything from the erase trick, artic silver, better cooling, heat trick once, but the only fix that finally worked was removing the screws for the X-Clamp.  In my case those extra screws caused the X-Clamp to put more bend on the motherboard.  If it every happens again, which I doubt, then I'll replace the X-Clamp.

Now MS putting epoxy on the board to counter the bending is just stupid.  MS refuses to admit the problem and epoxy doesn't cut it.  You know as soon as a 360 comes out without the X-Clamps the ROL problems will be solved, and also some lawsuits will be coming to MS.

mod_me

• Archived User
« Reply #56 on: May 25, 2007, 10:54:00 PM »

I bought my 360 about 5 months ago. it won't play the ghost recon disc that came with it(bad burn/press?) and the dvd drive sounds like crap. other than that it works great and has only froze a handfull of times. i only play it about 2-10 hrs a week tops. original xbox 2 years 5 months old and running strong

The fact of the matter is that there is a issue with the hardware in the 360. companys don't extend warrenty for shits and giggles. My question is why don't they fix the problem. it would admit guilt i guess. People would see where improvments were made and that would point out the flaws in the previous design. It pisses people off knowing that they're now making money off the hardware but not improving it. Most of the first mods were cooling related that says something

When they released the elite they should have made these improvments and just said they were advanced assembly techniques made to improve system performance. Than they could have just adopted this "new technology" in all 360 design.

Now it just seems like their trying to keep people happy untill their warrenty runs out. but they're the good guys because they extended your warrenty right lol .Meanwhile there just recycling the same faulty units. just my 2 cents

Lordscr

• Archived User
« Reply #57 on: May 25, 2007, 11:02:00 PM »

QUOTE(billygraf @ May 25 2007, 12:23 PM) View Post

I bought an xbox 360 last march and I am on my 4th xbox 360, after my third one broke I told microsoft that if they didn't give me an xbox 360 elite, I would never buy another microsoft product  and they sent me a brand new elite in the box. Every person I know is on atleast there 2nd 360.  I would say the failure rate is around 30%

Come on, your full of it, there has never been a situation that MS sent out an elite to any one, for a repair issue.

jimbobjim

• Archived User
« Reply #58 on: May 26, 2007, 05:35:00 AM »

QUOTE(mlapaglia @ May 26 2007, 03:25 AM) View Post

if they all were produced exactly alike, which they aren't they already have revisions to them, then wouldn't the all break at the same, or around the same, time?

Of course not! There are many factors that can push a 360 over the edge. Perhaps if eveyone went and picked up their console off the assembly line at the same time, handled it in the same way, stored it the same way, played the same games for the same amount of time in rooms that were all the excact same temperature then maybe all would die around the same time. The fact of the matter is, there will always be free radicals that will make some consoles last ages and others last two minutes. I totally agree that all 360's are faulty, it's just a matter of time for those of us who have been lucky so far.

1nsan3

• Archived User
« Reply #59 on: May 26, 2007, 07:58:00 AM »

M$'s Customer Support & Reliability will NEVER improve! They are too money hungry. once he has gotten rich, he has forgotten about who really got him in the position he is in now. HIS CUSTOMERS!!

fuc* You Bill Gates! you fuc* us, we fuc* you!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6