xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Taiwan market: Tatung cuts Xbox 360 prices, Microsoft to call for a st  (Read 70 times)

Xbox-Scene

• Archived User

Taiwan market: Tatung cuts Xbox 360 prices, Microsoft to call for a stop
Posted by XanTium | February 8 12:05 EST

From digitimes.com:

Tatung Company, a long established manufacturer of electric home appliances in Taiwan, has offered a package including an Xbox 360 Premium edition console plus a software game for sale through its 3C retail chain in Taiwan, at NT$9,999 (US$305), much lower than prices available at other retail channels. Microsoft Taiwan has responded saying it is going to negotiate with Tatung to stop the price-cut competition.

Microsoft Taiwan clarified that Tatung's price cut is a sales promotion organized purely by the retail chain, stating that Microsoft does not plan to lower Xbox 360 retail prices in the Taiwan market for the time being.

Full Story: digitimes.com

elitegamer360

• Archived User
Taiwan market: Tatung cuts Xbox 360 prices, Microsoft to call for a st
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2007, 10:20:00 AM »

thats good for Taiwanies gamers but M$ shouldn't take out its guns though cause the retailer will be losing more than M$ IMO.

DMAddict

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2007, 10:51:00 AM »

M$ should just let it be. If I wanted to buy 360's and sell them for $100 less to get ppl in the door, I should be able to. Wal*Mart does this all the time with many products.

incognegro

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2007, 06:35:00 AM »

MS is scared that it would be seen as a wide scale price cut. Which would look bad on their part if the uninformed masses feel so.

XHN_SCRAPY

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2007, 11:31:00 AM »

Sry m$  they bought your console and are selling it lower than you want it so that means (to me my opinion) they arent making much on the console. so thats a plus for you maybe? i think it is they buy it from you at ur price then sell it lower which attracts more people to your console which means you make profit off of games and acc. ! why you getting mad at them you got ur money. lol  yea so what if their price is lower than others but its a war agianst the consoles and they just tryin to help i guess? by selling it way un "MSRP" thingy lol so why ya'll (IMG:style_emoticons/default/muhaha.gif) >??