xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: High-Def Movies and TV Series on the Xbox 360 MarketPlace *updated*  (Read 816 times)

echto

• Archived User
High-Def Movies and TV Series on the Xbox 360 MarketPlace *updated*
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2006, 07:15:00 PM »

QUOTE(sgr215 @ Nov 6 2006, 06:16 PM) View Post

Unless a bigger HDD will be available soon this is doomed to fail. A high definition one hour show is about five gigabytes. That's 1/4 of the HDD right there. A movie can be upwards of 15GB+. People won't buy movies and shows if they have to constantly delete them to make room for other stuff. In short, when can we expect the bigger HDD MS?

I personally would rather use XBMC on Xbox or wait until homebrew comes to the Xbox 360.  biggrin.gif

No..no..  This material has been engineered to fit on a 64meg memory card.   laugh.gif

j3y q

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2006, 07:18:00 PM »

this could be very promising if we get a bigger HDD, ATHF on the 360 was a smart move

electronic_detailers

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2006, 07:18:00 PM »

QUOTE(dokworm @ Nov 7 2006, 03:19 AM) View Post

Time for a 320GB hard drive add on MS!

320GB drives are cheap as chips, get to it already and release one.

Wtf are you smoking, show me a 320gb 2.5" drive.

sgr215

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2006, 07:23:00 PM »

QUOTE(echto @ Nov 6 2006, 09:22 PM) View Post

No..no..  This material has been engineered to fit on a 64meg memory card.   laugh.gif

So if Sattelite TV's HD is dubbed "HDLite" Xbox360's must be "HD Anorexic" jester.gif

No but seriously... this sounds cool if the prices aren't outrageous and a bigger HDD is available. smile.gif

JuniorFan

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: November 06, 2006, 07:30:00 PM »

Retarded until bigger hdd's come out.

trey85stang

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: November 06, 2006, 07:31:00 PM »

uhh,  I will stick with netflix and my hd dvr.  This sounds like a waste of time.

saunders73

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: November 06, 2006, 07:32:00 PM »

i hate dial-up

...takes 10 minutes to download the fall update....

DuckOfDeath

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: November 06, 2006, 07:41:00 PM »

No mention of how crippled this will be with DRM...  I think I'll pass.

-Duck!

NerdENerd

• Archived User
« Reply #23 on: November 06, 2006, 07:52:00 PM »

My 20 gig hard drive is alreay full, where am I going to store all this content?
20 gig hard drive is a joke!

posure

• Archived User
« Reply #24 on: November 06, 2006, 07:53:00 PM »

HD movie rentals = Awesome.

Where's the larger hard drives?

LuridSpectre

• Archived User
« Reply #25 on: November 06, 2006, 08:05:00 PM »

No thank you.

I understand the appeal of HD, but not being able to do what I wish with the content, having it DRM'd and locked to my 360, makes me less than enthusiastic about this development.

I'll stick to my DVD's of my favorite TV series(pl).  At least I can put them in multiple players and/or rip and re-encode them.

lowendfrequency

• Archived User
« Reply #26 on: November 06, 2006, 08:07:00 PM »

Downloadable HD movies for rent?   I'm sold.

• Archived User
« Reply #27 on: November 06, 2006, 08:10:00 PM »

With the last dashboard update we can now play .wmv off of a USB HDD,... so maybe MS will be nice and let us just go nuts with cheap external drives.

But i guess that would just make it easier to remove whatever DRM they are using.

edit:  I just watched the video on xbox.com,.. and it looks like it's all set in place with the last dash update, ie "Video Marketplace" on the media blade and the selection "Movies and Movie trailers" in the video menu.  It looks like they just need to deliver the content.

Zapin

• Archived User
« Reply #28 on: November 06, 2006, 08:26:00 PM »

Well we knew this was coming since we first heard the lack of divx/xvid but really if this was always part of the 360 revenue model then who's idea was the small Hard drive . . .

I cannot see the quality being equal to that of HD-DVD but the quality should be equal to that of Sat/Cable HDTV considering the amount of compression they seem to use.  Until the soon to be necessary hard drive upgrade is made available I would like to see the dashboard actually offer some lower quality video options that can actually be streamed with minimal buffering time.  Sucks to wait for a download of some HD trailer that gets immediately deleted due to suckage.

I expect the DRM for movie rentals to be 2 weeks to a month in length .. perhaps longer but it would be nice if television can be more permanent like XBLA games.. you can delete it after you watch it but get it again for free if you have already paid for the episode on that machine.

If I can transcode audio (internet radio/podcasts) directly from the web via the dashboard/games they why do I have to turn off transcoding to see video?  It would be nice to have access to streamed media instead of having to waste my own storage space and time getting what is available on a PC seconds after a click of the mouse.

Will this new service be available via Live Anywhere I wonder... my bet is yes.  The 360 account linked with the PC account should mean that the PC can get the movies and then the 360 show them.

The more revenue that can be generated via XBL in ways like this the more likely online gaming will become free (like Sony is promising).

xzenor

• Archived User
« Reply #29 on: November 06, 2006, 08:49:00 PM »

You know what, I'm kind of sick and tired of all you guys complaining about what M$ is doing for us. All these cool new features, and yet you still grumble and whine like my 6 year old. Why can't you guys just be happy with all this COOL new stuff and stop bitchin.

My prediction is M$ waits until after the PS3 launch befor they come public with a BIGGER HDD.

Yes, it will be expensive, but if your going to buy all these HD tv shows instead of watch them on TV........it seems as though you can afford a new HDD huh?

The Xbox360 is by far the best system to buy this generation, I mean just look at all the stuff it can do. If you wan't DIVX..... go play with you modded Xbox1 cause it aint going to happen on the 360 until its hacked!!!!

I for one think the 360 is AWESOME, even though my 360 broke last week. Luckily it was a launch one and was still under warrantee. But I still think M$ is the shizznit.

All you complainers should feel ashamed of yourselves.
Pages: 1 [2] 3