xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Dash Update!  (Read 279 times)

mike_jacko

• Archived User
Dash Update!
« Reply #30 on: June 05, 2006, 01:52:00 PM »

is that 6pm eastern?

Achtung

• Archived User
Dash Update!
« Reply #31 on: June 05, 2006, 02:05:00 PM »

I can still log onto xbox live no problem, and Xbox.com works fine for me.

richie579

• Archived User
Dash Update!
« Reply #32 on: June 05, 2006, 02:08:00 PM »

QUOTE(nuke field ET @ Jun 5 2006, 04:02 PM) View Post

yes, I believe so

another note, I've never seen so many people so anxious for a dash update before  jester.gif

Yeah, seriously, I'm all kinds of antsy, I'm stickin around here for updates  biggrin.gif ....can you imagine if they let us play vids without WinMCE in the next update...if they pull this kind of delay someone might be taken hostage! tongue.gif

ModdingManiac

• Archived User
Dash Update!
« Reply #33 on: June 05, 2006, 02:17:00 PM »

I think most people are ansy to see if the 360's with the hacked firmware get banned..I can't see any other reason for why an update would concern anyone.

taikwondoejoe

• Archived User
Dash Update!
« Reply #34 on: June 05, 2006, 02:18:00 PM »

If this update doesn't kill the firmware then I don't think any future ones can

trigga71

• Archived User
Dash Update!
« Reply #35 on: June 05, 2006, 06:39:00 PM »

i just got my 360 (used) a few days ago and it wants to update. Should i update? i dont have a FW hack i just wanted to check out live, as i have never been on.

Reaper527

• Archived User
Dash Update!
« Reply #36 on: June 05, 2006, 06:45:00 PM »

QUOTE(trigga71 @ Jun 5 2006, 08:46 PM) View Post

i just got my 360 (used) a few days ago and it wants to update. Should i update? i dont have a FW hack i just wanted to check out live, as i have never been on.

check out live now then, once the update is released you will be required to download the update if you want to connect to xbox live. the only way to avoid getting the update is to say no when it asks and stay off live (as you'll be promted to update every time you try to connect)

3rdnfnlbst

• Archived User
Dash Update!
« Reply #37 on: June 05, 2006, 08:19:00 PM »

QUOTE(CapnCallCenter @ Jun 5 2006, 08:36 PM) View Post

Crap.  So all this wating and fretting today was for nothing... the update's coming TOMORROW.  guh.

Didn't u say that it was coming out 2day @ 6 pm EST?? so WTF are you surprised about??? I think we are a little too trusting of random people saying that they know stuff.

trigga71

• Archived User
Dash Update!
« Reply #38 on: June 05, 2006, 08:21:00 PM »

QUOTE(Reaper527 @ Jun 5 2006, 08:52 PM) View Post

check out live now then, once the update is released you will be required to download the update if you want to connect to xbox live. the only way to avoid getting the update is to say no when it asks and stay off live (as you'll be promted to update every time you try to connect)

Well it wants me to update right now. is there any way to tell what update it is?

sidewinder33

• Archived User
Dash Update!
« Reply #39 on: June 05, 2006, 08:22:00 PM »

Its one of the initial updates, the newest one launched tomorrow, the update it wants you to do is old.

3rdnfnlbst

• Archived User
Dash Update!
« Reply #40 on: June 05, 2006, 08:36:00 PM »

QUOTE(cynicl12000 @ Jun 5 2006, 10:33 PM) View Post

Ya know, earlier, he said there was going to be an update release, and a lot of people said he was full of it.  Then, ppl started getting dropped of Live (prolly in preperation for the updates, and prolly why he was told he'd have to work late).  Then, because the update is releasing ***HOURS*** after he said it would, you wanna grab a cross & some nails...There are a lot of things that could have delayed the release, and so many ppl getting dropped offa live could be from some error that delayed the update release.  

I, for one, think that he's proven himself to be trustworthy, just not all-knowing.  Give the guy a break.  He was just trying to help us out with a little info.

I understand that, but lets just say that he was told ok, 6 p.m. est for a release time.  AND they asked him to stay late.  Why, would they ask him to stay late being 2 AM and he is prolly the guy who works during the daytime.  Lets say at the last minute they decided to hold it till 6/6/06 for a release, why would he not post again with updated info, AND give that post he make that i quoted him for.  Sounded like he had no idea about it either.  I am not saying he is the 1st to know when it is coming out, and yes i do appricate his posting, but if he knew it was coming out at a certain time, he shoudl have know about the time change eventually.

sidewinder33

• Archived User
Dash Update!
« Reply #41 on: June 05, 2006, 09:08:00 PM »

I agree with cynicl, and if anyone takes offense to your posts they need to pull their dicks out of their asses, your opinion is well thought out and very logical. I think that he was able to give us the info to within a day is pretty damn good. Everyones else who has "known" was a week off. Kudos for the info.
Pages: 1 2 [3]