xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Dash Update!  (Read 268 times)

CerealKiller741

• Archived User
Dash Update!
« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2006, 11:12:00 AM »

I hope this is true, I've been waiting with baited breath since they announced this thing.

LowProfileWurm

• Archived User
Dash Update!
« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2006, 11:16:00 AM »

I'd like to believe you, but one thing that irks me is...

Why would they launch it on Monday at 6pm (asking its employees to stay late) instead of noon?  If they do in fact need the extra 6 hours, why not just delay the release until Tuesday morning?  It's not a critical update... and why would you be asked to stay late?  Isn't there a night shift?  I thought 8004MYXBOX was 24/7.   huh.gif

sp3cialk

• Archived User
Dash Update!
« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2006, 11:42:00 AM »

QUOTE(LowProfileWurm @ Jun 5 2006, 01:23 PM) View Post

I'd like to believe you, but one thing that irks me is...

Why would they launch it on Monday at 6pm (asking its employees to stay late) instead of noon?  If they do in fact need the extra 6 hours, why not just delay the release until Tuesday morning?  It's not a critical update... and why would you be asked to stay late?  Isn't there a night shift?  I thought 8004MYXBOX was 24/7.   huh.gif

Unless you don't have a job most people are at work during the majority of the day (gather there are some that have evening jobs and work something besides 1st shift).  They probably consider it critical... being as if you don't have it you prolly won't connect to live.  maybe they are just wanting as many that can stay in case there is a high volume of calls that come in right at 6 when the servers get pounded from the constant downloads...

LowProfileWurm

• Archived User
Dash Update!
« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2006, 11:52:00 AM »

QUOTE(CapnCallCenter @ Jun 5 2006, 01:47 PM) View Post

Nope.  Support is open until 1am EST, 2am on REALLY busy days.  We open at 9am.

And I think they've started the whole 'stay late' thing because the last update caused some problems (tho that was mostly because xbox live had to be taken down--remember the week before E3, everyone?) and we just got our ASSES kicked.

And while it's not a -critical- update, it -is- an IMPORTANT update.  And something could go wrong...
That answers my question about the 'shop hours' of support... but not my other one.  Why not just delay release until Tuesday?  There seems to be no logical reason for putting the update out at the end of the work day which, if there were any problems, would allow thousands more people to be "exposed" to said problems.  

Also, sp3cialk, I'm at work now (on lunch) checking up.  I understand that most people are at work during the full waking day (8am-8pm).  I certainly am (if you include my commute), but that just asserts my curiosity... why offer it up at the end of the day when problems will have the most exposure?

Honestly, I believe you CapnCallCenter but I won't believe anyone but the Major until I see it online.  Thanks for the heads up though!  Nothing personal.

beerchug.gif

sp3cialk

• Archived User
Dash Update!
« Reply #19 on: June 05, 2006, 12:03:00 PM »

QUOTE(LowProfileWurm @ Jun 5 2006, 01:59 PM) View Post

Also, sp3cialk, I'm at work now (on lunch) checking up.  I understand that most people are at work during the full waking day (8am-8pm).  I certainly am (if you include my commute), but that just asserts my curiosity... why offer it up at the end of the day when problems will have the most exposure?

Just guessing here and don't want to start an argument... maybe they are using the low user usage on live to do backups today... that way they won't lose anything if the update messes up things... just a guess like i said... and i'm boggled myself as to why they picked such a strange time for the update's release.

LowProfileWurm

• Archived User
Dash Update!
« Reply #20 on: June 05, 2006, 12:04:00 PM »

That's possible.  Maybe they don't want to launch an update on 6-6-06  muhaha.gif

Guess we'll find out tonite!  beerchug.gif

sp3cialk

• Archived User
Dash Update!
« Reply #21 on: June 05, 2006, 12:10:00 PM »

QUOTE(LowProfileWurm @ Jun 5 2006, 02:11 PM) View Post

That's possible.  Maybe they don't want to launch an update on 6-6-06  muhaha.gif

Guess we'll find out tonite!  beerchug.gif

yea... that's when the world ends anyway... they wanna give us a few hours before that to experience the update...  laugh.gif

Little-G

• Archived User
Dash Update!
« Reply #22 on: June 05, 2006, 12:25:00 PM »

6pm is way long gone  ohmy.gif

im assuming american time?

LESTAT

• Archived User
Dash Update!
« Reply #23 on: June 05, 2006, 12:32:00 PM »

i left mine running when i went home on lunch break lol

wish they had auto updates enabled

sp3cialk

• Archived User
Dash Update!
« Reply #24 on: June 05, 2006, 01:17:00 PM »

QUOTE(CapnCallCenter @ Jun 5 2006, 03:13 PM) View Post

you want auto updates, get a wii. heh. smile.gif

Probably will... not givin up my 360 I just have to have all the consoles... so I can be avoid being bias over any certain one.

sidewinder33

• Archived User
Dash Update!
« Reply #25 on: June 05, 2006, 01:18:00 PM »

Ok Something really weird just happened, I was sitting at my dash listening to music and I got kicked from Live. My roommate did also, I just got back on and none of my friends got back on, but wtf no update. oh well I guess I can wait a bit longer  biggrin.gif

IMnotGarBagE

• Archived User
Dash Update!
« Reply #26 on: June 05, 2006, 01:21:00 PM »

yea i just got kicked of as well.

Nascasho

• Archived User
Dash Update!
« Reply #27 on: June 05, 2006, 01:33:00 PM »

Whoa... xbox.com is down?!

Nascasho

• Archived User