xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]

Author Topic: Xbox 360 Releases over 125 New Features: Update Tomorrow 6/6/06  (Read 645 times)

nj12nets

• Archived User
Xbox 360 Releases over 125 New Features: Update Tomorrow 6/6/06
« Reply #105 on: June 06, 2006, 05:12:00 PM »

is there  a way to download and burn this cuz my friend doesnt have broadband rite now

javip

• Archived User
« Reply #106 on: June 06, 2006, 06:39:00 PM »

i'm surprised no one has brought up the active download thing
it will only download if ur playing a game while not online..

before anyone says DUH, i know it will stop downloading (and so it should) if u play on live, BUT, i wasn't expecting it to stop downloading if using media centre..
i was expecting to be able to watch tv or a movie or a recorded show and be able to download

so i guess i have a question.. is this because m$ is determining that my bandwitdh isn't big enough to download and stream from my pc? or is it because they've decided that no matter what broadband connection u have.. u can't download while streaming from pc (which would be STUPID!)

i know a lot of people don't use media centre (mainly because they either don't know how, or think it's limited because they can't be bothered waiting the 4 seconds for other file formats to play) but i use it all the time to watch tv etc, rendering this active downloads thing useless to me.. because i only ever play games on live, and watch my tv, movies, tv shows etc through media centre..

flashfreak

• Archived User
« Reply #107 on: June 06, 2006, 06:44:00 PM »

QUOTE(decapkris @ Jun 7 2006, 11:19 AM) View Post

I am worried that the VGA fix will change the brightness/gamma of my monitor darker. I have been using VGA since launch and it has been fine, no gamma problems or brightness. I cannot test it at the moment as the 360 is at my friends. Anyone encountered problems?

I haven't noticed any changes. It doesn't seem to have changed anything.

I don't use MCE cos i just can't be bothered setting it up tongue.gif I already had all my programs setup on XP and don't wanna have to reinstall everything. Maybe when i next reformat, though I may use Vista Beta 2 wink.gif

twistedsymphony

• Archived User
« Reply #108 on: June 07, 2006, 06:06:00 AM »

I've split out all the Firmware discussion into it's own topic:
http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=518881

Any further discussion about the firmware and how it relates to the update should be posted there... if you post it here expect it to be moved.

Hoowahman

• Archived User
« Reply #109 on: June 07, 2006, 08:57:00 AM »

I've noticed that after the update the "Show “Last Played Game” selection in Xbox Live Arcade first before enumerating all games (when Arcade game was last game played)" is not working.  It actually enumerates all arcade games slower..then finally shows the last played game. If you have alot of games / demos downloaded for the arcade this can take like 10-15 seconds.  Id rather display last played right away.  Why the hell does it enumerate anyway? Ugh. =\  Anyone else notice this?

Thanks

twistedsymphony

• Archived User
« Reply #110 on: June 07, 2006, 10:28:00 AM »

QUOTE(Hoowahman @ Jun 7 2006, 11:04 AM) View Post

I've noticed that after the update the "Show “Last Played Game” selection in Xbox Live Arcade first before enumerating all games (when Arcade game was last game played)" is not working.  It actually enumerates all arcade games slower..then finally shows the last played game. If you have alot of games / demos downloaded for the arcade this can take like 10-15 seconds.  Id rather display last played right away.  Why the hell does it enumerate anyway? Ugh. =\  Anyone else notice this?

Thanks

Yeah it's quite annoying...  it does the same thing with my profiles too (I've got 10 on my box) and since my GT is last alphabetically it's always the last to appear... typically after booting up I can scroll faster down the Profile list then it adds names  dry.gif

There's no reason it can't keep a cached list of all the games or profiles and simply update the list whenever a change is made (profile is added/removed/renamed, game is added/removed).  They cache the lists of media like music, pictures and video files, no reason they can't do it for profiles and XBLA games as well.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]