xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Queries Regaiding Xlink Kai (semi Noob)  (Read 279 times)

aaronbrako

• Archived User
Queries Regaiding Xlink Kai (semi Noob)
« on: January 08, 2008, 12:56:00 PM »

1) for Dlink routers .. in the Xlink kai config .. somebody said the xlinkkai port shud be 0 instead of 30000
               which one ??
2) wen i open xlink kail config ... error occured opening adapter microsoft tv/video  .. kai will not use this   adaptor ... is this cause my xbox wasnt switched on ??  .. it opes config after this error
3 ) i made a static ip for my pc ... do i need a static ip for my xbox too ?
4 ) pls give me all the values to be entered in kaiconfig
5 ) wen i click the magnifying glass .. near d flobe .. it says network reachable: not yet (xbox was off at the time ) .... and net work card : locked

plzz help me out .. i spent all day figurin out how to forward ports ( i forwarded port 30000 and made a static ip for my pc ) ...

RMM

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2008, 07:40:00 PM »

First, Did you register a user name and password from Xlink so you can connect?

Second, To narrow down the list of problems you should forget about connecting the XBox to Xlink at the moment and just try to connect the Xlink client from your computer using the "Normal Kai Use" profile and see if you can get that far.

aaronbrako

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2008, 01:00:00 AM »

no matter what profile i choose .. wen i open config again it says "choose a profile" and it opens the config only after the micrsoft tv/video adaptor error
then wen i launch kai .. it disappears after 15 seconds ( network reachable :not yet: 0 and a tiny pop up says check port forwarding

somebody plzz give detailed help im thouroghly exhausted trying to solve this mess

This post has been edited by aaronbrako: Jan 9 2008, 09:00 AM

c-2

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2008, 10:32:00 AM »

your behind a firewall and need to forward a port .. hence why it says "check portforwarding" .. read here ..

http://www.teamxlink.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=27932

edit: all the rest of that is not important .. ignore the tv / video error .. set the profile to normal and hit OK ..

This post has been edited by c-2: Jan 9 2008, 06:33 PM

aaronbrako

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2008, 11:18:00 AM »

just tell me the values coz nothin i try works :

Private IP : ___________________    ( is this the static IP i made(192.168.1.138) for my pc or is the ip as seen
                                                          the routers console ? )
Protocol   : ___________________     ( TCP/UDP/ICMP )      (no option for "both")
Local port           : _______
Destination port  : _______ ~ ________  ( any port / safe ports / single port / Port Range )

Dlink UT304R2 router ; OS : XP ; Windows firewall on ( exception :Xlink kai and many others ... ill put it off completely if necessary)

plzzz help guys im dien to play online :'( !!!! also if possible ... mention values for XBC .... and leaf ..
any one as long as ur sure itll work ive tried everything !!!!!!!!!
thanks in advance

c-2

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2008, 02:51:00 PM »

their all the same , its just port forwarding .. look up your router here ..

http://www.portforwa...routerindex.htm

follow the guide .. kai uses port 30000 UDP to the IP of your computer ..

aaronbrako

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2008, 10:44:00 PM »

its not all the same ... my exact router is not there ... the layout is different ... someone techy just gimme the values to the post above  pleaseee :'(

RMM

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2008, 11:11:00 PM »

If all else fails try this:

In you browser type in address 192.168.1.1/main.html
and see if there is an option to disable your routers firewall and disable it.

c-2

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2008, 11:55:00 PM »

i already gave you the values ... port 30000 UDP to the IP of your PC .. i'll fill out your form tho ..

Private IP : IP of your PC
Protocol : UDP
Local port : 30000
Destination port :30000

aaronbrako

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2008, 04:45:00 AM »

I GOT IT !! NETWORK REACHABLE : YES
i d/l pfconfig from portforward.com and cracked it fr free use and it worked . Now all i need to know is how to start playing .... the diagnostics also shows " Xbox/xbox360 fully configured"  
i went to the globe > xbox 360 > FPS > COD4 and i could see 2 games goin on ... BUT HOW TO JOIN ??????????
below it kept askin me if i was alone and whether i was hosting or joining ... and this question kept popping up .. . . . btw cod4 was running adn in the system link menu where u can refresh to see if any games are hosted ... but notinh came !!! quick help will be GREATLY appreciated .. seing as i hv come this far i dont wanna give up now !!!

ohh and C-2 and RMM .... thanks a bunch for the help so far ... really appreciate it

RMM

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2008, 03:18:00 PM »

You are going to have a very hard time playing 360 games because the 360 has a ping limit which makes playing system link games across the net nearly impossible.

aaronbrako

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2008, 02:05:00 AM »

i knoww dude i just realsied :'( :'(  ...... any way ... im d/lin halo2 and ill play that on XBC ...

considering kai connected and it detected my console ... XBC should too right ??? and i dont have any games i can try to detect with so im d/ling halo2 ... halo2 on XBC has no ping limit right ??

RMM

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2008, 01:45:00 PM »

You can play  Xbox 1 games on the Xbox 360 because Xbox 1 games dont have the ping limits that Xbox 360 games do.  Xlink and XBC should both work fine.  Personally I like Xlink better and never use XBC but everybody has their own preferences so try them both and see which one works best for you.

This post has been edited by RMM: Jan 11 2008, 09:51 PM

c-2

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2008, 11:57:00 PM »

halo2 on the 360 works fine on xlink .. the ping limit is on the 360 so XBC is exactlly the same ..