xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: 20 Second Connection  (Read 129 times)

gottastopdrinkin

• Archived User
20 Second Connection
« on: July 20, 2006, 01:49:00 PM »

I have a 3Com 3C16470 10/100 Baseline Switch.
I can connect to Kai for 15-20 seconds before i am dropped.
So to fix that I have to forward port 30000?
Problem is, I cannot access the configuration options.
Now I have looked and searched and tried some more to find info as to how to configure this.
ANY help is greatly appreciated.

c-2

• Archived User
20 Second Connection
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2006, 07:55:00 AM »

you can't access the kai config ? .. what happens when u try ? .. make sure before loading it that you have completely closed kai and that the icon by the clock is gone ..

port 30000 UDP to the ip of your PC .. in the kai config theirs a box called KaiPort , put 30000 in there ..

gottastopdrinkin

• Archived User
20 Second Connection
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2006, 01:55:00 PM »

I have figured out how to setup my router and I have set the "Kai Port" in KaiConfig to 30000.
Network is now reachable.
But now when I join an arena (halo2) and go to "Play" then choose system link there is no available games.
My firewall is setup to trust KAIENGINE.EXE and my firewall shows that port 30000 has in/out activity.
I am so frustrated, everything seems like it should work BUT IT DOESNT. blink.gif

TwoCents

• Archived User
20 Second Connection
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2006, 01:55:00 AM »

Yeah, it's frustrating. Having all the info in the FAQ and nobody reads it...  wink.gif

http://www.teamxlink.co.uk/?go=faq paragraph 2.4 will help. Best if you shut down the firewall software during testing, restart XLink Kai engine and see if you can see hosts in your XBox game now.
If so, you can be sure you need to further configure your firewall software.

gottastopdrinkin

• Archived User
20 Second Connection
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2006, 02:21:00 AM »

Yeah, it's frustrating. Having all the info in the FAQ and nobody reads it...

Yeah it is isnt it. Those little bastards need to be shot. I have read the FAQ so many times that when you said ^that I laughed. laugh.gif

I am not some n00b that asks questions without trying and doing some research to try again. I have read just about everything, now I am resorting to the forum not the FAQ. dry.gif

c-2

• Archived User
20 Second Connection
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2006, 07:24:00 AM »

start by not using XBMC to get on kai .. make sure the pc UI works before setting up XBMC .. make sure kai detects your xbox ..

TwoCents

• Archived User
20 Second Connection
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2006, 07:38:00 AM »

As a general rule of thumb, try the following:

• For XBox users, allow the IP address 0.0.0.1 full access on UDP.
• Also for XBox users, allow port 3074 full access.

Oh, and did you actually try what i recommended? Starting the kai engine without a firewall program running on the computer? I've seen so many people that were absolutely sure it wasn't caused by the firewall software... but as they disabled it and tried again, it worked.

gottastopdrinkin

• Archived User
20 Second Connection
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2006, 10:12:00 AM »

I've seen so many people that were absolutely sure it wasn't caused by the firewall software... but as they disabled it and tried again, it worked.

Yea, I am a paranoid person when it comes to security of my PC and I have tried different firewalls and thought I had the firewall setup correctly to allow kai, but apparently it was not correctly setup.
I have tried taking the firewall down before, when it said "Network Reachable: Not Yet" thinkin the firewall was the problem, and it didn't help me then, so I figured taking down the firewall wasn't the problem and is just overkill.
THANKS TwoCents! biggrin.gif

BTW- When I play H2 I go to sys-link and the Available Games disappears then reappears over and over again. Any way to fix this?

c-2

• Archived User
20 Second Connection
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2006, 01:00:00 PM »

BTW- When I play H2 I go to sys-link and the Available Games disappears then reappears over and over again. Any way to fix this?

just join a private room on the left side of kai and this won't happen ..

TwoCents

• Archived User
20 Second Connection
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2006, 01:04:00 PM »

Good to read you got it working  smile.gif

And that Halo2 thing is a bug in the game. Like c-2 wrote, it's best to go into a Private Arena, since there's only one person hosting it wont look that bad  biggrin.gif

gottastopdrinkin

• Archived User
20 Second Connection
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2006, 08:04:00 PM »

Thanks guys.