xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Xlink - Network Not Reachable Yet  (Read 74 times)

absvicandmark

• Archived User
Xlink - Network Not Reachable Yet
« on: April 14, 2006, 04:57:00 AM »

I have kai on my laptop which is connected to my dlink 624+ router which is connected to a zoom adsl modem in the uk.
I have my xbox setup for ftping which works fine. I try to run kai and all I get is network not yet reachable. Kai can see my xbox when I try to connect using XBMC but the xbox says cant connect. I have tried port forwarding on my router and adsl modem using 30000 UDP and TCP(to see if that works). I tried putting the 30000 in the kai config tool in kai port. I tried putting the kai port to 0 and enabling PAT. I even tried DMZing my router and modem on my private ip address which is 192.168.0.102 and still says not reachable.
Before I moved I had it setup on my desktop and it worked fine as soon as I port forwarded but not the desktop is upstairs connected to the network wirelessly and id prefer to use my lappy now as its downstairs.
The network is addressed automatically by the router. The xbox is 192.168.0.100, the lappy is 192.168.0.102.
I have turned off zonealarm on my lappy and have turned off xp firewall too.

DOS4GW

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2006, 02:41:00 PM »

Hi absvicandmark,

You will not always be listed as connectable (Network Not Reachable Yet) in the diagnostics menu before you connect to other peers, in example some of your contacts that's online.

Have you tested this? Have you checked if you are listed as connecable when some of your added contacts are online?

Regards,
DOS4GW

This post has been edited by DOS4GW: Apr 14 2006, 09:59 PM

absvicandmark

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2006, 08:25:00 AM »

I was messing with kai last night (without the xbox plugged in though) and I managed to get a network present when I got into the arena. I`ll try 2nite with the xbox connection too.

Cheers