xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Scammed By Chillinhh  (Read 206 times)

NeO529

• Archived User
Scammed By Chillinhh
« on: April 07, 2004, 07:04:00 AM »

Over a month ago I bought an xbox from chillinhh for $140 which included 2 controllers. The xbox was stock, however. He told me within a few days it was shipped and previously I had done business with him on some custom xbox painting/lighting so I figured he was trustable. Well a few weeks go by and my life has been busy so I didnt care much about it but decided to see whats up. Well, come to find out he wasn't on AIM anymore and for days I checked. Finally I filed a despute with paypal and within 5 minutes he IMs me and tells me that its UPS fault and he put insurance on it and he would get it cleared up. So the next day (being a saturday) he tells me the lady that he talked to when he shipped it wouldnt be back in until monday so he would let me know on monday where my stuff was. So monday I ask him (hes online every day now all of a sudden) and he says hes going up their later to either find out where the xbox is or get the insurance money. Well I let the despute with paypal continue til I get proof of shipment or a refund. Suddenly he isnt online anymore and a few days later the paypal despute goes through and I guess he had about $4 in his account because thats all I got refunded. Now I dont have an xbox, no contact with the seller, and I am missing $136. So I guess it goes to show you really can't trust anyone and for you future buyers don't buy from chillinhh even if you have had good experiences with him.... I had before as well.  I will continue to pursue the matter which includes all the paperwork for the IFCC and such as this isnt the first time I have been attempted to be scammed and I plan on making sure its not the first time I don't get my money back. Chillinhh, if you wanna get this cleared up give me an IM id be more than happy to get it straightened out.

Morglum

• Archived User
Scammed By Chillinhh
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2004, 07:46:00 AM »

Damn, you dont have much luck with online deals do you  :(  If i remember rightly wasnt it you who also got ripped off by someone called grandmasterb, or a name similar to that? Might not have been you, but im sure it was.

Either way i hope you get the rest of your money back or atleast get a working xbox :)

Warclock

• Archived User
Scammed By Chillinhh
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2004, 08:40:00 AM »

I got scam on ebay for the xbox and a game on these two userIDs

wackscreenamee
and
hugelakerfan08

Watch out for these two guys

This post has been edited by Warclock on Apr 7 2004, 03:40 PM

mybad

• Archived User
Scammed By Chillinhh
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2004, 08:48:00 AM »

I ve purchased a 1.0 board and some caddy's, from you, and PM'd you about its where abouts with no reply. Two weeks have almost gone by. Should I run an add about you now too?

NeO529

• Archived User
Scammed By Chillinhh
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2004, 09:56:00 AM »

two weeks huh?  Mar. 28, 2004 was the purchase date which was a sunday so not possible to ship. Anways, your package is at the post office ready to ship, I just have to give them your address (I have a friend that works at the post office so I just go through them)

NeO529

• Archived User
Scammed By Chillinhh
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2004, 09:57:00 AM »

QUOTE (Morglum @ Apr 7 2004, 08:46 AM)
Damn, you dont have much luck with online deals do you  :(  If i remember rightly wasnt it you who also got ripped off by someone called grandmasterb, or a name similar to that? Might not have been you, but im sure it was.

Either way i hope you get the rest of your money back or atleast get a working xbox :)

yeah I got scammed my bgrandmaster but I got my money back. Took a while though.

mybad

• Archived User
Scammed By Chillinhh
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2004, 10:40:00 AM »

ya today is the 7th so two weeks and you still haven t even shipped it?

my god

NeO529

• Archived User
Scammed By Chillinhh
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2004, 10:44:00 AM »

It seems we are having a little trouble with math huh mybad? there were 31 days in march. You ordered on the 28th. so it has been 10 days since you have paid. That means I have had 9 days to ship. It was at the post office 2 days ago I just never gave them the addy because I hadnt even been home to get it until today. two weeks is comprised of 14 days. had i waited 4 more days it would have been 2 weeks. now if you had said "damn you waited a week and a half?" then I would agree. However, I just called the post office and your order is going out today.

mcdonaldpd

• Archived User
Scammed By Chillinhh
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2004, 11:49:00 AM »

mybad-

My only question to you is why you dealt with such a jerk? If I waited 10 days to ship something to someone, I wouldn't have the nerve to be an ass about 4 days. :blink:

NeO529-

mybad is Canadian, and they aren't very good at math. but they still deserve to get their mail in a timely fashion. :jester:

I myself am not trying to be an asshole. I am just bored right now.  :beer:

shadowlyrycal

• Archived User
Scammed By Chillinhh
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2004, 12:15:00 PM »

How does this IFCC works i still want my money back from this guy using the aol screenname xboxmodder2002 i called paypal and they was like they will investigate they was like the guy didnt give them a phone number Just to let everybody know do business with XBOXMODDER2002............... THankyou

VERY HARD TO TRUST PEOPLE NOW AND DAYS

Master-Chief

• Archived User
Scammed By Chillinhh
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2004, 12:32:00 PM »

QUOTE (mybad @ Apr 7 2004, 10:48 AM)
I ve purchased a 1.0 board and some caddy's, from you, and PM'd you about its where abouts with no reply. Two weeks have almost gone by. Should I run an add about you now too?

TOLD!  :lol:

Then again, it sucks to be ripped off.. sorry to hear about that NeO.  :(  

This post has been edited by Master-Chief on Apr 7 2004, 07:38 PM

lookformeb

• Archived User
Scammed By Chillinhh
« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2004, 01:53:00 PM »

QUOTE (NeO529 @ Apr 7 2004, 08:04 AM)
So the next day (being a saturday) he tells me the lady that he talked to when he shipped it wouldnt be back in until monday so he would let me know on monday where my stuff was. So monday I ask him (hes online every day now all of a sudden) and he says hes going up their later to either find out where the xbox is or get the insurance money.

Anyone who has ever had a shipment lost, know that statement is bullshit (on chillinhh's side.  You don't talk to clerks where you shipped the package from for insurance claims... you have to go through the 800 numbers.

You are right though, it is very diffucult to trust people these days.  Hope you get your money back.   :(  

This post has been edited by lookformeb on Apr 7 2004, 08:53 PM

AnThRaX

• Archived User
Scammed By Chillinhh
« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2004, 02:36:00 PM »

neo, did you ship my xbox, and my other xbox's and parts out yesterday? You've been idle on aim so I doubt you seen the msg. So I pmed you and ill post here!

ICEMANMODS

• Archived User
Scammed By Chillinhh
« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2004, 05:03:00 PM »

QUOTE (AnThRaX @ Apr 7 2004, 02:36 PM)
neo, did you ship my xbox, and my other xbox's and parts out yesterday? You've been idle on aim so I doubt you seen the msg. So I pmed you and ill post here!

Neo was supposed to ship me a bunch of Lights, Never did. Wont do buisness with him again

Master-Chief

• Archived User
Scammed By Chillinhh
« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2004, 05:18:00 PM »

QUOTE (ICEMANMODS @ Apr 7 2004, 07:03 PM)
Neo was supposed to ship me a bunch of Lights, Never did. Wont do buisness with him again

WHOA! NeO, you make a thread about you being scammed, yet you have scammed several yourself!  ;)

Or are these people just BSing!  <_<

I guess whatever goes around, comes around!  :(  

This post has been edited by Master-Chief on Apr 8 2004, 12:18 AM