xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Fs: Xbox Case - Dodge Viper Dvd Window, Cathode,  (Read 192 times)

Rush346

• Archived User
Fs: Xbox Case - Dodge Viper Dvd Window, Cathode,
« on: April 06, 2004, 09:06:00 PM »

I've decided to sell my xbox case, since I need money to finish my plexi case.  Here's what it includes and has been done to it and descriptions:
*Dodge Viper 2003 Emblem DVD Window - Pics Below, included plexi precut to fit under it.  Looks real nice with the disc spinning under it and the cathode shining out.
*Painted Black (with Krylon Clear Coat on top piece) - Top: Very shiny, looks great with few flaws, clear coat only dripped a bit on the back, not visible from front or top.  Bottom/front: front is just painted black, Bottom piece was painted blue first and then turned upside down and painted black, so the top of the fins in the back are blue on top, but black on bottom,  you don't really notice it that much, but it goes with the color theme of the lighting.
*DVD and HDD casing - both included, HDD casing has holes drilled on the bottom to keep the hard drive cool, helped a lot for me, it solved my hard drive from freezing.  HDD casing is also cut for the 80mm fan to fit and has a slot cut that was made to help fit my round IDE cable.
*Case Screws and the 4 Rubber pads from the bottom - don't worry they're included  ;)
*Cleared Jewel - Crystal clear, I used brasso and it worked great, silver is still in the lettering, jewel has some black spots on the outside edge because it was glued down once before, and then removed, so some of the paint stuck to it,  but once it is re-glued in, the black spots will be over the lip anyways.
*80mm 12v LED Fan - A great inprovement on the xbox's original fan, one end plugs into the HDD's 4 pin molex connector and the other into the HDD, very simple.  Has four blue LED's, looks awesome.  Already ziptied to the case.
*Metal Shielding - The whole bottom piece of the metal shielding is included.  The metal on the shielding that is behind the fan was cut ou to increase air flow and decrease noise.
*Brand New, Unused Blue Round Cathode w/ 2 inverters and switches - I just got it in the mail from www.svc.com   I haven't installed it yet, I'll leave it up to you, so you can do it how you want.  It includes a regular blue inverter and an inverter with 2 bright blue LEDs and clear casing.  I returned a blue one once because it was making sparks and got extremely hot, so they sent me a brand new clear one that works great and looks cooler.  Since I got a new cathode I now have a blue one that works too... up to you what you want to do with it.  There are 2 switches, one for each inverter.  The fan is not incleded with the new cathode, but it has the mount and screws if you want to put it on one.
*Power Button assembly - in includes the buttons and the thing that distributes the power LED light, but not the power button board (the piece that has the actual buttons and LEDs)

That's all I can think of, if you think I missed something, wonder if I'm including something, want to make an ffer, or just have a question, best bet is to ask in the topic, or e-mail me, since I always forget to check my PMs.  My e-mail is [email protected]

Old pics (just to see the DVD window and jewel, with cathode and LED fan, before it got clear coat)

(IMG:http://img12.photobucket.com/albums/v31/rush346/Dsc00449.jpg)

(IMG:http://img12.photobucket.com/albums/v31/rush346/Dsc00450.jpg)

Better quality pics will be posted shortly, we got a new digital camera but its charging

Snakers

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2004, 09:17:00 PM »

how much?

Rush346

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2004, 07:51:00 PM »

Top of Case
Pic of the top part of the case, there is some dust on it.

Jewel and DVD window
It shows the black spots on the jewel, but as you can see in the first pic, they don't show up when it is on the case.   There is some dust on it on that pic too.

Bottom of Case
With the case screws inside and the Fan attached (Edit: sorry it turned out blurry)

Cathode stuff and HDD tray
The tray looks kind of green because it was sanded to smooth out the drilled holes.  The fan with the cathode is not included, because you already get the LED fan, but everything else is.

Everything
A pic of everything...

Rush346

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2004, 09:27:00 AM »

bump

Rush346

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2004, 09:03:00 AM »

Heres my ebay feedback, as a reference: