xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Forza + New Xbl Patch = Forza On Xlink Death  (Read 36 times)

2jzfan

• Archived User
Forza + New Xbl Patch = Forza On Xlink Death
« on: June 15, 2005, 05:11:00 AM »

i don't play XBL nor do I have it. I thought I had a non-XBL bios on my Xecuter.. Anyhow when I went on to Kai I tried to play a game someone was hosting and XBL Update popped up and claimed to DL something. Now when I go into Kai I can see the people, I can see the hosted games.. but when I go to join I get a brief XBL message saying "Update Complete. Starting XBL".. then everything craps out for a sec and I'm back at UnleashX my loader..?

user posted image

I dunno what happened.. I dunno what that XBL stuff was.. Now I can't play online.  muhaha.gif

I checked my tdata/hash dir but I don't have a $u dir in ther just leaderboards..

I was using a default.xbe patched with the offline auth key for template mods when this happened. So after I the update I renamed all my offline auth key files/dirs and put the original default.xbe and udata/hash dirs back in place. My game was back save was fine, but when I went on Kai from XBMC I still get the same XBL update complete starting xbl.. I thought it patched the default.xbe..? Why would Kai start XBL? What's going on here..?  :?:[/img]

enjoy!  pop.gif

2jzfan

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2005, 10:47:00 PM »

blink.gif

DOS4GW

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2005, 10:14:00 AM »

Xbox Live has nothing to do with your XLink settings, this is an issue of version incompatibility.

Version incompatibility is a fairly common issue and happens to almost all games with Live updates vs. non updated ones.

You might need to delete/restore the TDATA folder with the original files, along with all other updated files.

A tip: Do not be so impatient. You are more likely to scare people off.