xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Xlink Kai  (Read 72 times)

adil786

• Archived User
Xlink Kai
« on: October 29, 2004, 08:09:00 AM »

Hi all,

Im a keen player of halo online and have been using xbconnect for a while. I have a fully modded xbox.  I have notcied that Xlink is much better than xbconnect and you can join the servers etc etc all on the xbox instead of PC.

I have the latest verion of xlink kai for pc and i registered and singed in and everything is ready.

Now what i am really confused about is the xbox part,

My pc is ready, is there a program i need to send to my xbox and then load up that program?

My current dash is tHc .

Please help and explain fully the steps you took to get games running on xbox without!! using xlink kai.

Im very keen on using Xlink and if i find out will let all my friends know aswell about it.

Thanks alot!

c-2

• Archived User
Xlink Kai
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2004, 08:37:00 AM »

k .. you need to get either xbox media center or avalaunch as both of those have kai support .. both are still very beta and ava will not work until its next update (xbmc was updated today) .. once you set up one or both of those apps you need to set a couple things in your kai config .. first take out the check mark for launch UI and just leave launch engine, now when you start kai only the icon will appear in the systemtray as the xbox app will be the UI .. also change the drop down box at the bottom of the config that sez "accept UI connections from" to "any ip address" .. now launch xbmc/ava , set up your user name and password and you should be good to go :]

oh and a tip for xbox media center if you use it, when u go to launch a game and it sez "please insert disc" you can In Game Reset back to your dash and pick the game your playing .. alot of ppl get confused by that one.

dfunked

• Archived User
Xlink Kai
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2004, 11:35:00 AM »

A1. No you don't need to set it as your main dashboard.
A2. Yes you are required to setup your username and password in XBMC (how else would we authenticate you?)
A3. If you're running the kaiEngine on your network somewhere set to the 'Dashboard' profile, and you put in your details correctly, and you also have the correct XBMC build (yesterday's), you will see correct user counts in the Arenas.

ashgromnies

• Archived User
Xlink Kai
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2004, 06:34:00 PM »

I can't play either. I have the Engine Only running on my PC, my Xbox connects through Ava and says "Successfully connected to Kai!" I insert my Halo DVD and it loads up and I click System Link... and I see nothing.
:0

dfunked

• Archived User
Xlink Kai
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2004, 05:40:00 AM »

QUOTE (ashgromnies @ Nov 3 2004, 01:37 PM)
I can't play either. I have the Engine Only running on my PC, my Xbox connects through Ava and says "Successfully connected to Kai!" I insert my Halo DVD and it loads up and I click System Link... and I see nothing.

Notice I only referred to XBMC as working with the latest updates? That's because *XBMC IS THE ONLY DASH AS OF RIGHT NOW TO SUPPORT ARENA MODE*.

Avalaunch will update accordingly when they are ready.

XBMC October 29th CVS build is what you need.

ashgromnies

• Archived User
Xlink Kai
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2004, 05:42:00 PM »

QUOTE (dfunked @ Nov 3 2004, 02:43 PM)
Notice I only referred to XBMC as working with the latest updates? That's because *XBMC IS THE ONLY DASH AS OF RIGHT NOW TO SUPPORT ARENA MODE*.

Avalaunch will update accordingly when they are ready.

XBMC October 29th CVS build is what you need.

Doesn't work through that, either. I have the latest CVS build.

c-2

• Archived User
Xlink Kai
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2004, 11:45:00 AM »

you can play a game using the pc gui right ?  you may also want to check the setting in the kai config for "accept UI connections from" to make sure it is set to any .. check the offical forums at www.teamxlink.co.uk/forum for more help.

oswald

• Archived User
Xlink Kai
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2004, 11:49:00 AM »

Did you go into the halo arena?