xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Total Kai Beginner Needs Help  (Read 97 times)

• Archived User
Total Kai Beginner Needs Help
« on: September 19, 2004, 04:45:00 PM »

btw - ive downloaded and installed kai on my pc (can connect and browse chatrooms etc.. fine) and configured xbmc (XBMC 2004-07-23) with my username and password.

when i click the x option in xbmc my screen name is in the corner and i can browse rooms etc.. (for some reason when i start kai within xbmc it brings up games like mechassault etc.. in the list, when i navigate through the rooms to outrun 2 it lists users - how do i play against them?)

one more thing - my machine has no dvdrom (died a long time ago) so everything is played from hd (launched from evox normally) - is this a problem?

thanks

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2004, 05:00:00 PM »

hmm..delayed double post

dfunked

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2004, 10:42:00 PM »

QUOTE (0123456 @ Sep 20 2004, 10:44 AM)
greetings all

never used any online gaming (live or otherwise) before, never felt the desire.

after playing the outrun 2 disc thats kicking around i cant wait to get online and try it out.

is there a tutorial on how to get all of this setup?

my xbox is connected to my pc via a IEEE802.11g Wireless PCI Adapter (bridge connection xbox to pc) and my internet (blueyonder broadband) is connected via the rj45 port.

ive tried to netshare in the past and it was a total disaster so hopefully i wont have to do that this time, will i?

i can connect to my xbox and ftp, stream, ccx etc.. no problems at all.

the docs on the kai site seem a tad flimsy - "download kai, install it and thats it" - is that all there is to it? don't i have to run anything on the xbox side?

more info would be appreciated - thanks

1. Yeah I know the documentation isn't all there. It's coming in the next update however.

2. Don't use XBMC integration until you can get things going on the PC client alone. The reason for this is so you can monitor and detect if there's a problem. The XBMC support is VERY primitive. The reason you see all those games you don't own is just an example of how primitive it is smile.gif Avalaunch has slightly better support, but neither is 100% at this stage.

3. Yes you can play games running off your HDD.

I'm not so sure that your setup is going to work. If the device that the PC sends packets ot the XBox on is a wireless device, it's not gonna work. This is not something on our part, but on the WinPCap libraries.

Either way, here's what you would normally do...

Put systme-link game in XBox. Go to system-link menu. Search for games. Leave the XBox to search for games. Run Kai on PC. Log-in. Click the magnifying glass 'performance'. Confirm it gives the MAC address of your XBox along with the message 'MS XBox Auto-COnfigured Successfully'.

Talk to guys in the Outrun 2 arena. Ask them if they see your ping. If they do, you're all good to go.

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2004, 01:09:00 PM »

biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

I'll be in there quite a lot now  beerchug.gif