xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: The Surgery Thread  (Read 18 times)

shavedrat

• Archived User
The Surgery Thread
« on: October 13, 2004, 01:23:00 PM »

Ok so, I'm freaking bored at home right now and am finding it hard to keep myself entertained.  I've been bedridden for about a week, and am just starting to be mobile enough to make it up to the computer and bend my knee enough to sit in the chair comfortably.  I had a postorior cruciate ligament reconstruction last week, after a nine month completely torn waiting period.  My knee is still super swollen, and bends about 30 degrees now, but not easily.  I have 6 holes in my leg, covered in bandages, and I cant wash that area until I see my surgeon and he verifies my sutures.  I have a 6 week no weightbearing stage, followed by 6 to 9 months of rehab before Ill be good to go.   I'm drugged on Tylenol-3s; 2 every 3 hours, so I take up to 12 per day, depending how early I get up/go to bed.  Well, back to my ice.

</rant>

Yes, I know this aint THAT bad, but Im a whiner B)
Anyone else?

pleh12em

• Archived User
The Surgery Thread
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2004, 02:16:00 PM »

Too long, didn't read.

Mike_657

• Archived User
The Surgery Thread
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2004, 02:19:00 PM »

QUOTE (pleh12em @ Oct 13 2004, 11:13 PM)
Too long, didn't read.

you didnt miss anything  ;)

jonathan2007

• Archived User
The Surgery Thread
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2004, 02:39:00 PM »

Flamers.  :angry:  It really pisses me off when people add stuff that could be done without. Just please don't flame. It is not cool.  ;)  

This post has been edited by jonathan2007: Oct 28 2004, 11:36 PM

pleh12em

• Archived User
The Surgery Thread
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2004, 03:16:00 PM »

QUOTE (jonathan2007 @ Oct 13 2004, 11:36 PM)
Flamers.  :angry:  It really pisses me off when people add stuff that could be done without. Just please don't flame. It is not cool.  ;)

Okay. Enough with my rant. Anyways I was thinking about posting a thread like this but I guess I didn't have the guts. Anyways I had surgery around the middle of Sept. I had Varicocele surgery. It is where you have some enlarged veins in one of your testicles. It is just natural and not caused by any secual activity. A lot of men have it. It was causing me some pain so I thought it best to get the veins tied off through surgery. Anyways I had to take 2 days off school the day I had surgery (a thurs) and the next day (fri) and then I had a weekend. It was hard to move for a while but I was back in school by Mon. But I am still out for Band and Gym. The doctor said I can slowly move back into activity. I can't wait to be able to do everything again. It's gonna be awesome. And to feel no pain. I can't wait.  :)

Jesus christ that must have hurt. What did they give you for the pain?

lebriznon

• Archived User
The Surgery Thread
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2004, 04:24:00 PM »

hmm...worst thing ive ever had is a broken arm, or a small 2" scalp laceration. not sure i can really relate  :lol:  . but ive seen some ppl with painful things all the time, since im a hospital volunteer and a first aider at public events.

Perplexer

• Recovered User
The Surgery Thread
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2004, 05:25:00 PM »

Rylinkus

• Archived User
The Surgery Thread
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2004, 06:33:00 PM »

Okay. Enough with my rant. Anyways I was thinking about posting a thread like this but I guess I didn't have the guts. Anyways I had surgery around the middle of Sept. I had Varicocele surgery. It is where you have some enlarged veins in one of your testicles. It is just natural and not caused by any secual activity. A lot of men have it. It was causing me some pain so I thought it best to get the veins tied off through surgery. Anyways I had to take 2 days off school the day I had surgery (a thurs) and the next day (fri) and then I had a weekend. It was hard to move for a while but I was back in school by Mon. But I am still out for Band and Gym. The doctor said I can slowly move back into activity. I can't wait to be able to do everything again. It's gonna be awesome. And to feel no pain. I can't wait.  :)

I can't believe that someone is willing to talk about their deformed balls on the internet. Props.

Rylinkus

• Archived User
The Surgery Thread
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2004, 06:35:00 PM »

QUOTE (Perplexer @ Oct 14 2004, 02:22 AM)
(IMG:http://forums.caraudio.com/vb/images/smilies/needpics.gif)

Hahaha, someone had to do it!

I've got some pretty nice scar tissue here and there. Maybe I'll post pics of why not to get drunk and try not to jump a small river bed. (8 feet across, maybe 10 down) Or there was that time I tried to rock climb.... :rolleyes:

And he just talked about sack surgery. You don't really want pics of that do ya?  :blink:

Mike_657

• Archived User
The Surgery Thread
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2004, 07:55:00 PM »

The doctor said I can slowly move back into activity. I can't wait to be able to do everything again. It's gonna be awesome. And to feel no pain. I can't wait.  :)

you mean like... ride a bike?

ha, im just kidding... ( Flamers. mad.gif It really pisses me off when people add stuff that could be done without. Just please don't flame. It is not cool. wink.gif )  :rolleyes:

jonathan2007

• Archived User
The Surgery Thread
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2004, 02:58:00 PM »

nm  :huh:  

This post has been edited by jonathan2007: Oct 28 2004, 11:37 PM