xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Problem Launching Games In Bo-xlink  (Read 40 times)

-ViciouS-

• Archived User
Problem Launching Games In Bo-xlink
« on: January 18, 2004, 11:35:00 AM »

I have the same thing happen to me.

Sometimes I click on launch and it goes straight to the game without even choosing it.  

Most of the time, it's a blank list, and you can move the cursor all the way up and out of the view of the screen.

I have to restart everything to get it to work.

But I think you can get into the room, IGR to the dash and play the game.  Go to syslink game and you should see some come up.

jz28

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2004, 11:43:00 AM »

any bugs you guys see with rc2 are unlikely to be directly addressed, considering there is a beta rc3 now out. boxlink will not be supported really, since the "boxlink" type app will soon be integrated into dashboards.

jz28

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2004, 02:13:00 PM »

QUOTE (Zebra @ Jan 18 2004, 07:02 PM)
So is this simply a bug in the program, not a setup problem?

ViciouS - Yeah, that is what I do. Exit Bo-Xlink or IGR and then lauch the game from my dash (XBMC). Sure is nice when the launch feature works though. smile.gif

well, i wouldnt even say its a bug...just that there is zero configuration involved with boxlink, and nothing is going to be done in the way of bug tracking now with kai out, so if you can live with the bugs till kai is integrated into dash great, otherwise, you have to try to find a workaround. I use latest x2 bios (4980) and ava .4 and have ZERO problems with boxlink.

dfunked

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2004, 04:50:00 PM »

Sometimes I click on launch and it goes straight to the game without even choosing it.

That's by design. If you're in a Halo room for example, and you try to launch game, it'll boot Halo if you have that setup in your Bo-XLink game paths. If not, I think it'll just send you back to the dashboard...