xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Can't Connect To Xbox Live  (Read 947 times)

white_chocolate

• Archived User
Can't Connect To Xbox Live
« on: June 11, 2010, 09:14:00 AM »

XBOX360 wired using crossover cable to Dell laptop running Vista Home Premium with bridged connection. Wireless router: SMC8014WN with default settings. ISP: SuddenLink. I have manually set IP setting on XBOX, but everything else is default.

I test my xbox live connection, and it tells me it can connect to the internet but not xbox live. It suggests my router or ISP is blocking the port (3074) necessary to reach xbox live. I have fiddled with port forwarding and DMZ in my router settings, as well as set port exceptions on my laptop. Here is the boggling part: If I change my gateway IP (currently set at the default 192.196.0.1) to 192.168.20.1 (I haven't tested other numbers) the xbox connects instantly to xbox live when i fire up the console. We have several other devices that use our wireless router, and my roommate claims to have connectivity problems with devices when i switch over to 192.168.20.1 -- otherwise, i'd just leave it there and get to the gaming.

Any thoughts on getting connected to xbox live using the default gateway ip?

This post has been edited by white_chocolate: Jun 11 2010, 04:15 PM

white_chocolate

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2010, 09:09:00 PM »

Nobody?

the.scarecrow

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2010, 04:17:00 AM »

I assume you're talking about the original Xbox Live.

Microsoft shut down those servers back in April.

white_chocolate

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2010, 06:57:00 PM »

I'm talking about the Xbox Live everyone uses to play MPGs online.

I Solar I

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2010, 04:03:00 PM »

and that would be the exact same XBL that hes talking about. you didnt get that memo? (sry i had to)

microsoft shutdown ORIGINAL Xbox Live.... you can no longer get on with an original, but 360 you can. and you cant play original xbox games online anymore either. SUCKS! cause i miss me some Halo 2 online, but we still have XBC!

white_chocolate

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2010, 05:33:00 PM »

QUOTE(white_chocolate @ Jun 11 2010, 04:14 PM) View Post

XBOX360 wired using crossover cable to Dell laptop running Vista Home Premium with bridged connection. Wireless router: SMC8014WN with default settings. ISP: SuddenLink. I have manually set IP setting on XBOX, but everything else is default.

I see I'm in the wrong sub-forum. Sorry friends.

ollyit

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2011, 05:51:00 AM »

guys I hear that its all shut for xbox 1 consoles now to get online, can I still use my xbox 1 on the web though? i only want to use it for a media centre - thanks all in advance

shambles1980

• Recovered User
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2011, 09:46:00 AM »

QUOTE(ollyit @ Nov 18 2011, 02:51 PM) View Post

guys I hear that its all shut for xbox 1 consoles now to get online, can I still use my xbox 1 on the web though? i only want to use it for a media centre - thanks all in advance

you will need to atleast soft mod it, but yes you can get online for streaming and other lan based internet gaming servers like xbox connect