xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Xbox Live Being Discontinued For Original Xbox Consoles And Games!  (Read 955 times)

DaShiZNiT

• Archived User

memainman

• Archived User
Xbox Live Being Discontinued For Original Xbox Consoles And Games!
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2010, 04:06:00 AM »

yeah i saw this like an hour ago.
ITS SO SAD. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)
ive been using XBL for the original xbox for almost 3 years and it expired a few months ago
and i cant use xlink/kai or xbc because there are very few PAL players...

R.I.P Xbox Live.
You will be missed.

Hyper_Eye

• Recovered User
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2010, 07:06:00 AM »

This makes me quite sad as well. I preordered Xbox Live and received it the day of release. Despite multiple bans and EEPROM flashes my original v1 Xbox still goes online happily and the mod is still undetectable. Luckily we still have XLink Kai. Unfortunately there isn't much you can do about cheaters there. Hopefully XLink Kai will get a boon in fair players from this.

Or... anyone interested in working on some reverse engineering and replacing the Xbox Live service? We have the mods, we have the talent, and I have a DD-WRT. They did it with PSO on the DC. That is a longshot and a lot of work but it sounds quite tempting.

Chancer

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2010, 11:36:00 AM »

Good example of MS abandoning a lot of Xbox 1 owners. Another method to force people to update to the 360.
Very sad sad.gif