xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Xbox Live Downloadable Content - Transfer To Another Xbox?  (Read 103 times)

A Murder of Crows

• Archived User
Xbox Live Downloadable Content - Transfer To Another Xbox?
« on: August 09, 2006, 04:44:00 AM »

Hey all

Okay, so i broke down and finally got on Live to download the content for Sid Meier's Pirates.

I used my "movie" xbox to do the deed, as i didn't want my 500GB banned, just in case something went wrong.

well, the download went fine, but i can't move the file over to my "game" xbox.

i understand that the content was signed to my hard drive key....and that a simple resign should allow me to do the content elsewhere..

what i can't find out though, is how to remove the signing entirely.  I want to be able to download the free content/upgrades and pass them around to friends who don't have Live, especially to those of us who are still paying $25+ to get Pirates (which i swear is the most KILLER game).

I can understand about items which need to be paid for, but is there such a big issue with these kinds of downloads?

sidewinder33

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2006, 05:55:00 PM »

I love the game too, but technically we can't discuss this on the forum, its better just to keep searching than to keep asking here. Its against the rules to talk about giving out purchased material, even thought you bought it.   I love the game as well, but your friends are sol if they can't get on live to get the update (technically). They should consider getting live just because its such a great service, if they really want the new content.

Sorry I can't be more of a help but its against the rules to discuss giving out downloaded content.

A Murder of Crows

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2006, 01:43:00 AM »

QUOTE(sidewinder33 @ Aug 9 2006, 05:02 PM) View Post
I love the game too, but technically we can't discuss this on the forum, its better just to keep searching than to keep asking here. Its against the rules to talk about giving out purchased material, even thought you bought it.   I love the game as well, but your friends are sol if they can't get on live to get the update (technically). They should consider getting live just because its such a great service, if they really want the new content.

Sorry I can't be more of a help but its against the rules to discuss giving out downloaded content.

curious.

the flags and other such items are listed as FREE, so i didn't purchase anything but the original game.  This is quite a strange one....I mean, now my save games dont work across different xboxes because the patch that XBL installed on my Xbox Live box isn't on my Non-XBL box.....lamers

Chancer

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2006, 08:08:00 AM »

No discussion of re-distribution of copyright content. It also breaks the XBL TOS as well as rules here.
its very simple the restriction is there even on free content as it is a benefit from membership of Xbox live.
This benefit is not available to non live members.
You are paying for the content of XBL with your subscription.
Thread closed