xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Quick Question About Upgraded Hdd  (Read 140 times)

CompFreak07

• Archived User
Quick Question About Upgraded Hdd
« on: June 16, 2006, 05:50:00 PM »

Yes, I have read the pinned topics.  I recently put in a new 40gig hard drive and a unbanned eeprom.  I played on xbox live for a day or two with no problems.  Today I started up my xbox like I normally would to play live and I am banned.  I think I could of possibly started it up one day with my modchip on or somthing but it is banned none the less.  Here is my question.  I read in the pinned topic about the marriage theory that I coudnt just change my eeprom I would have to change my xbox hard drive too.  Why would that be.  Exactly how do they ban your hard drive. Any way to get around this if this is true?

airviper127

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2006, 11:35:00 PM »

well they will remember the serial number of that hd and will ban if it doesnt match the eeprom.

you will need a new unbanned eeprom and hd and prolly (not sure) new gt

if you never got banned on live with your old one then you can use that one with a new eeprom.

CompFreak07

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2006, 11:50:00 PM »

Is there a way to change the HDD Serial Number.  The reason is I would like to continue to use the upgraded HDD.

airviper127

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2006, 12:18:00 AM »

if i were you i would use the one you have and set up a cheap hd > 8 gigs on a switch (there are tuts) and switch between the two for live use (or just plug in which ever one and dont screw the cover down)...you will need to unlock your 40 gig and have your other new one locked to a new eeprom....dont forget you might even need a new gt but im not sure.

edit:you cant change a hds serial number sorry

BirdofPrey

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2006, 01:02:00 PM »

you need a new gamertag along with the hd+eeprom.