xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Software To Use Mods On Xbl?  (Read 26 times)

bob1958

• Archived User
Software To Use Mods On Xbl?
« on: July 01, 2005, 05:49:00 PM »

OK, the last 3 days I have been realy pissed off by all the modding on xbox live  Someone I know said there was software that lets you play with softmods on live. Is this true?

This post has been edited by bob1958: Jul 2 2005, 12:55 AM

lordvader129

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2005, 07:41:00 PM »

this is a point of confusion for many people

xbox mods cannot be used on Live, this includes softmods, modchips, and TSOP flashes

what CAN be used on Live are hacked or modded profiles, but if you use then to cheat in public games you can and will get negative feedback and be banned because of it

bob1958

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2005, 08:04:00 PM »

This is the thing, I have friends with modchips, not action replay that they do things like superjumps whenever they want to on halo 2 and much,much more. You probably cannot find these saves on Action Replay because I have one and cannot find anything like this.

lordvader129

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2005, 10:20:00 PM »

QUOTE(bob1958 @ Jul 1 2005, 09:39 PM)
This is the thing, I have friends with modchips, not action replay that they do things like superjumps whenever they want to on halo 2 and much,much more. You probably cannot find these saves on Action Replay because I have one and cannot find anything like this.

well if you have a modchip you have access to FTP, so who needs AR to transfer saves?

bob1958

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2005, 10:42:00 PM »

no, I have a softmod and want to see how people go on live without being banned.

lordvader129

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2005, 11:24:00 PM »

QUOTE(bob1958 @ Jul 2 2005, 12:17 AM)
no, I have a softmod and want to see how people go on live without being banned.

just cold boot the game so the mod doesnt load

jmull

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2005, 12:21:00 AM »

also, with most updates with games, for example: halo2, bungie just released soem new maps, that are located on your harddrive, instead of the disc. so you can mod them to your liking replace em on your hardisk and load up xbl w/o a hacked bios or anything. It will automatically load the maps like it normally would only they will be edited. This works with almost any game that has had an updated file. I was only useing halo 2 as an example since I do that often.

Also, some of the reasonm for all the cheating is because, with maps in thsi case, when going into a matchmade game, sometimes, you can simply stick a card or something into the top of your disc drive, which can stop the disc form spinning and stop it from being read. so in the case with halo 2, you can basically do that and since the map is random if it tries to load anyhting but the maps that are on your harddrive (updates) it will fail, guaranteeing any modder that they will get the map they want every time with a lil patience.

that is what most modders are doing. and since they dont boot up with a hacked bios, and the modchip can be off while doing this, it will be hard for the people at xbl to find and ban them, the only way they can find out is through feedback, which I've heard is stored on your xbox,so it can be deleted.

I'm not sure about the feedback part plz respond and tell me if:
It is true or false
And how to do it
(thank you)

Foe-hammer

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2005, 12:59:00 AM »

QUOTE(jmull @ Jul 2 2005, 07:56 AM)
also, with most updates with games, for example: halo2, bungie just released soem new maps, that are located on your harddrive, instead of the disc. so you can mod them to your liking replace em on your hardisk and load up xbl w/o a hacked bios or anything. It will automatically load the maps like it normally would only they will be edited. This works with almost any game that has had an updated file. I was only useing halo 2 as an example since I do that often.

I believe you are incorrect.

I've tried editing the halo2 map files stored in the UDATA on the e: drive, the problem is you cannot sign them like the old maps.  Loading these modded maps from off of the e: drive gives a "failed to load map" error.

Lord Magnus

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2005, 03:30:00 AM »

I know Halo maps can be modified.
But what is really causing all those "Super jumps" and people trowing warthogs instead of grenades, is a moddified profile.

dude696zan

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2005, 03:41:00 AM »

I beg to differ on u guys saying it is usaully a modded profile. How many people since the new maps have been modded on a old map? I myself find only being modded when I am on a New map. And a way of not getting a a new map in Matchmaking is listening to ur xbox. LIke in a custom game in the lobby load a old map like Lockout u here barely any noise right. Then trying loading up a new map Ull here a clicking noise cause it is loading the map of the Hdd. So when in matchmaking in the second section(Second section meaning the number 2 sign were it has 1234)of it listen to ur xbox if u here a long ass clincking noise press B and leave matchmaking and load it up again try getting a old map.

Staticvoid

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2005, 09:45:00 AM »

rename the folders that hold the new maps to end with 08 and 09, make new folders same as old names. mod the map you want and throw only the map file in the new folders thats it, but you cant make a party you have to join someone elses, you cant go into mm alone.

dude696zan

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2005, 12:27:00 PM »

QUOTE(Staticvoid @ Jul 2 2005, 08:20 AM)
rename the folders that hold the new maps to end with 08 and 09, make new folders same as old names. mod the map you want and throw only the map file in the new folders thats it, but you cant make a party you have to join someone elses, you cant go into mm alone.

So when you meet a modder on live he has an acomplise?

This post has been edited by dude696zan: Jul 2 2005, 07:28 PM

jmull

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2005, 01:04:00 PM »

what bungie might have done is made a new encryption signature.
but obviously someone has already figured it out, since i downloaded a modded containment map and overwrit the old one and it worked just fine.
I have been on xbl with super speed super jump, flying warthogs, auto-aim, etc...., all with a modded map.

so i am sure that the new maps and updates have a great deal to do with the increase in modders.

Also, anyone got an answer to my deleting feedback question?

One last thing, on my xbox the maps were stored in tdata i'm not sure if that is different with any1 else or not. But if yours is on udata it could be a possibility for the error.

This post has been edited by jmull: Jul 2 2005, 08:08 PM

xprestonx

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2005, 12:26:00 AM »

you guys are retarded...you dont have to sign the new maps..all you have to do is edit them in a way that the encryption doesnt change... its called balancing.