xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Some Help Getting On Live  (Read 127 times)

281R

• Archived User
Some Help Getting On Live
« on: June 02, 2005, 03:37:00 PM »

QUOTE(Timmy Muscles @ Jun 2 2005, 04:44 PM)
Hey,

281R

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2005, 04:34:00 PM »

QUOTE(Timmy Muscles @ Jun 2 2005, 06:30 PM)
I dont have an ICE chip, just a Xenium. There is no LED colour when i boot up Original Bios, there is when i boot up other dash's

281R

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2005, 05:04:00 PM »

QUOTE(Timmy Muscles @ Jun 2 2005, 06:57 PM)
Yeah i just checked, dashboards are in C drive and Apps/Emulators are in E drive  sad.gif

Lord Magnus

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2005, 05:37:00 PM »

When loading a RETAIL M$ bios, you're in no risk of getting banned.

Best way to try this, if you're not sure, is booting with the "Original BIOS" option, and pop in a working backup of yours. If it works, your modchip isn't deactivated correctly, if it tells you to put in a cd/dvd that the xbox can recognize, voilá, you're running the right bios, and you can play Live.

When turning your chip off, M$ bios should load itself though, but try it out with the backup to make sure there's no mistakes.

Good luck mate.

Edit: Although having your C and E drives clean are recommended for upgraded HD's, there is no risk whatsoever of M$ scanning your files.
I've been running my box for more than 2 years now, with a bunch of homebrew and non-signed code on both, C and E, and I have never been banned (Knock on wood as ussual).

sidewinder33

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2005, 11:16:00 PM »

I agree with lord, when you run the retail kernal you're safe, the xenium has made the switches obsolete, its all internal switching, its really nice. The files on your c and f drive dont matter either i have a bunch of them on mine and i play a lot. Just boot the original bios and use an original copy of the game and youo should be fine.

sidewinder33

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2005, 10:38:00 AM »

well if it boot to the M$ dash, it should be good. THe person who modded the xbox wouldnt want to be gay, Im sure that the original bios will boot you good. You'll need all original copies of the games to play on live by the way

Lord Magnus

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2005, 02:52:00 PM »

Well... I was going to suggest that if you didn't had any backuped games, you could try IGR if it's built-in your bios. If it works, you're not loading the retail bios.

Glad you got on Live.